DyP unit pack #3, the last pack

utahjazz7

Deity
Well, unfortunately, activity around the DyP has skidded to a hault. I haven't heard much at all from Kal-el lately, and he hasn't provided any new concept art, from which I had been making units. So, I'm opting out of making units for the DyP. I'll have to see about making units for anything else in the future because honestly, I don't play CivIII at all. I can't remember my last game.

Well, on account of the DyP group's inactivity, there are only three units in this unit pack. Of those, only one came from Kal-el. I came up with the others, based on other pictures I found on-line. I don't even know if they'll be used in the DyP itself. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy these.

Inti Warrior.

Arab Rider.

Shang Soldier.

Yes, two of them share the same animations; I'm lazy.

Good work as always :goodjob:

Sad to here about the DYP group :( mabye things will pick back up when Conquest comes out?

DyP hasn't skid to a halt, we just put together a major release for the Conquests Pre-Order and are putting together a version for mass release that should be ready for the general public soon.

Once that is done we will turn our attention to putting together a mod that will be Conquests compatible. The new mod will be a step beyond DyP. It will take everything we learned while producing DyP and take it even further. So, you can all look forward to the new mod, "Civ3: Rise and Rule (from the guys who brought you DyP)", and expect it to be released sometime around the start of the new year.

Well I for one would hate to think that you would give up Unit Construction after this pack, Utah. Your units more often than not exceed even the best of the stock units in detail and craftsmanship, and sure does make artistically-challenged folks like myself proud of what others can do to make my game more enjoyable.

Don't give up the ship just yet.

Originally posted by COAtlantis1745
Well I for one would hate to think that you would give up Unit Construction after this pack, Utah. Your units more often than not exceed even the best of the stock units in detail and craftsmanship, and sure does make artistically-challenged folks like myself proud of what others can do to make my game more enjoyable.

Don't give up the ship just yet.

My thoughts exactly,... but if ya don't dig the game anymore,
I can understand not wanting to spend your time trying to
improve it. ...so long, and thanks for all the incredible units!

Originally posted by utahjazz7
So, I'm opting out of making units for the DyP. I'll have to see about making units for anything else in the future because honestly, I don't play CivIII at all. I can't remember my last game.

I.

:( "... And the glory of an age was passing by ..."
- Robert Service

II.

:thumbsup: "So long, and thanks for all the fish!"
-Douglas Adams

With Many Thanks & Wishing You All The Best -- & Hoping you change your mind! :D

-Oz

I'm not passing away here, guys. ;) I'll be around. I'll still make the odd unit here and there too . . . well, that's the plan anyway. I just don't want to commit to making numbers of units.

In fact, I'm working on a European Crossbowman now. It's based on an on-line picture.

Originally posted by utahjazz7
I'm not passing away here, guys. ;) I'll be around. I'll still make the odd unit here and there too . . . well, that's the plan anyway. I just don't want to commit to making numbers of units.

In fact, I'm working on a European Crossbowman now. It's based on an on-line picture.
Nice, you would´nt be interestet in making some unit for the MEM, would you?

I was just wondering if you'd want to make a composite bowman. It might be useful as a late ancient unit, or in a scenario...

Here's an example (Assyrian archer):

Another great unit pack, utah, thanks! You're contributions are incredible!

BTW - Who used the Shang Soldier? What weapon does he have?

I imagine the Inti Warrior is Meso-American, but I'm not sure on that either.

utah - one suggestion (especially for the new crossbowman). could try to make civ-colors with bigger color-depth? What I mean is that the current blue color is very bright and looks like one shade (could use some variety from darker to brighter...). This causes weird looks esp. with some colours like yellow or "greek" green.

Top Bottom