1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

E3 2008: CivRev Sold Out in US

Discussion in 'News Updates' started by Thunderfall, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Thunderfall

Thunderfall Administrator Administrator Moderator

On Wednesday Take-Two Interactive president and CEO Ben Feder announced at the company's press conference at E3 2008 that the initial run of Civilization Revolution has already sold out at US retailers, and 2K Games is rushing to manufacture more. This was reported on GameSpot's coverage of the event.

2. Thunderfall

Great to see that the game is selling well! Congrats to Firaxis! :thumbsup:

The demo did a really nice job of promoting the game and making people want to buy the game. :)

3. DWOLF

DWOLF Death Before Dishonor

wow I would have never expected this game to be sold out...but then again it is a civ game.

4. sigmakan

sigmakan Warlord

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang, games hardly ever sell out. Clearly means the game is selling much better than 2K expected, which is always good. Nice work!

5. RedTrotsky

RedTrotsky Chieftain

It'd be great to be able to connect to those millions of buyers in multiplayer but they need to patch the game first...

6. OctopusOverload

OctopusOverload Cultist

And where's the DS version? Last date I saw was August 29! :eek:

7. RedRalph

RedRalph Deity

Must be well worth playing. My kid got a Wii yesterday so suddenly I care about a Wii version being released!!!

8. warpstorm

warpstorm Yumbo? Yumbo!

Sold out! I saw a few in the stores (in the USA) a couple of days ago (I have no idea about other parts of the world).

9. Patricman

Patricman Hepatologist/liver doctor

the game looked kind of bad (no offense to anyone), but its shocking that everyone loves it! but then again as DWOLF said, it is a civ game.

10. TyranusBonehead

TyranusBonehead Bound & Determined

congrats to Firaxis for a job well done. I'm enjoying my copy, that's for sure :)

11. Thunderfall

Yeah, the 1 month release delay in North America would have allowed them to produce as many copies as they wanted, but looks like 2K just didn't expect the game to do this well and didn't produce many copies.

12. cephalo

cephalo Deity

I was not expecting this game to have such an instant appeal. To me it seemed very 'middle path'. Civ without the depth. As a computer gamer I wasn't excited, but I also couldn't imagine why a twitch gamer would want that either. Who would want that? Hey, I guess I just don't know what I'm talking about. Congratulations Firaxis! I'm glad to know there will be many more games coming my way.

13. Meteor Man

Meteor Man En Route to M81

Jeezzz, even my hardcore Xbox live buddy Jr. is playing Civ Revolution! It has to be good for HIM to like it...
    Oh, and congrats Firaxis!

14. dojoboy

dojoboy Tsalagi

The DS version is coming in September to the rest of the world.

Elizabeth2K Announcement

15. dennis580

dennis580 Chieftain

Civ 2 was a great game. I hated Civ 4, and thought Civ 3 was medicore. The most stuff they put in the worse the games got, and the more boring and tedious they became.. Now granted Civ Rev certainly has it problems but it is far better then the garbage that was Civ 4:BTS. Proving sometimes far less is better then far more.

Anyways this is always the direction that I hope the series would go in. In fact I hope it will go even farther in this direction as there is still way too much micromanagement when you are fighting, and even Civ Rev becomes boring and tedious sometimes.

16. SewerStarFish

SewerStarFish King

My first Civ game was [civ2] for Playstation, I don't know how many years of Civving I'd have missed if they hadn't made a console version. Hope It brings more PC gamers into the fold. CivRev may be Civ Lite, but that's how so many of us started.

17. kioras

kioras Daemon Quellor

Their are very few strategy games on the console that go for strategic view compared to tactical games, or RTS.

No surprise it sold well, the market was so under-representated that any good game that was well advertised would sell through.

18. OctopusOverload

OctopusOverload Cultist

That's so bad! :mad: It's as if they think there's no currency outside US!?

19. GoodGame

GoodGame Red, White, & Blue, baby!

Ching ching. Congrats Firaxis!

20. SewerStarFish

SewerStarFish King

It has just come to our attention that there is indeed currency outside the US, and apparently it's worth more. :)

I believe [c4w] or :bts: was released in Europe 1st then North America. It has more to do with which company Firaxis choses to actually produce and ship the game. Now it's just another cheap American import. :crazyeye:

Hope it gets to you soon