1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

E3 started yesterday and no news

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Sherlock, Jun 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sherlock

Sherlock Just one more turn...

On 2k 4x Civ or Civ style games?

Bummer.

AntSou likes this.
  2. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

Humankind will have a closed beta for everyone that pre-orders. I would say that is big news.

EDIT: Not only for pre-orders. I got a key without preordering. Not sure if they are still available.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    CivLuvah likes this.
  3. Linklite

Linklite Emperor

With their recent announcements, I didn't expect much from them. I think they'll do their announcements via Twitter etc. I'm expecting them to announce VII sometime soon, though.

Haig likes this.
  4. EarendilTheMariner

EarendilTheMariner Chieftain

2k has a conference on Monday (Tomorrow), so if there's anything it'll be then.

nzcamel likes this.
  5. Sherlock

My guess would be they'll announce a spin-off Civ style game (like that science fiction thing or 'Colonization'). And then CivII in a year.

Or nothing. Nothing is a real possibility.

AntSou likes this.
  6. Makenshi

Makenshi Ahoy, ye salty dogs!

"that science fiction thing"

Wow... I know Beyond Earth had problems, but it deserves some respect...

7. JokerKara

JokerKara Chieftain

There are rumours that Firaxis will announce new X Com game, this time with Marvel characters ( and I am not sure why would they want to mix these two franchise, X Com is fine on it's own and doesn't need it imho ). Although I love new X Com ( especialy sequel - with the expansion and all adds, played on Legendary Iron-man mode, was simply one of the best gaming experience I ever had ) I am still hoping for new balance patch and bug fix for Civilization 6 soon, even if they will not mention anything about it now.

Hellenism Salesman likes this.
  8. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

That would be a genuine surprising announcement for me. Maybe CiVII. :mischief: But my guess is two years minimum wait.

PiR, Zaarin, AntSou and 1 other person like this.
  9. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

Respect has to be earned.

canadamufc, TreVor_ish and Zaarin like this.
  10. DJ_Tanner

DJ_Tanner Emperor

The leak was there is a turn-based strategy game using the Marvel IP in development, it is described as X-Com like game with Marvel characters. So it is an XCOM game like Gears Tactics was an XCOM game, or how any turn-based squad game is an "XCOM game".

JokerKara likes this.
  11. Sherlock

X-Com and Civ are completely different franchises with totally different gameplay. So we're going to get news on one franchise but not the big one (Civ)?

JokerKara likes this.
  12. DJ_Tanner

DJ_Tanner Emperor

There was a leak about an XCOM style game that was it, 2K didn't present any games at their panel this year. That being said, I wouldn't expect to have news about multiple franchises from Friaxis they tend to not have competing marketing plans in place, as such I would expect that it is XCOM's time in the Sun and they would get the next 6-12 months to themselves for release/hype marketing.

(The Marvel cross-over thing came out of left field for most and is quite curious, outside it being a turn-based little in known from the leak, how closely it is even related or size are all up in the air, the expectation is Friaxis is running it due to their experience in the area, but that is also unconfirmed.)

JokerKara likes this.
  13. Haig

Haig Deity

Are there any other big game expos this year than E3?

Hellenism Salesman likes this.
  14. blackbutterfly

blackbutterfly Emperor

Take Two had a panel on diversity and equality in games.

15. Kaan Boztepe

Kaan Boztepe Prince

take two is being funny. Hollywood also thought that movies/series with diversity and equality instead of good writing/directing/acting would be better. the viewership have disagreed hard on that count. will see if the video game consumers will priotize those values instead of a well done game

Lupine, Cedbird77, racha and 6 others like this.
  16. blackbutterfly

blackbutterfly Emperor

The success of Black Panther and Wonder Woman validate the need for diversity at least in Hollywood IMO.

Players of games like Civ on the other hand is very predominantly male though perhaps is becoming more global and internationally diverse. Lots of Russian and Chinese players play (and dominate online) for example.

Regardless I think this diversity panel at E3 was a little bizarre and out of place.
    Most E3 participants would have preferred some sort of sneak peak at a new Take Two game or something like that.

Navelgazer and PiR like this.
  17. Sherlock

I quit going to movies. Won't be any harder to quit buying games.

comatosedragon, Cedbird77 and Aristos like this.
  18. Zaarin

Zaarin Diplomatic Attaché to Londo Mollari

Superheroes aren't my thing, but I've heard very little good about either of those films TBH except from people praising their d i v e r s i t y. There's diversity and there's tokenism, and Hollywood is firmly in the latter camp. Meanwhile, E3 is hardly the place for a corporation to pat itself on the back and try to win sanctimony points; the point of the conference is to preview upcoming games. If 2k had nothing to show, they should have stayed home until they did.

19. Futumch

Futumch Calm as a Coma

I think the pandemic has made companies a bit leery of large gatherings for the moment. It makes me wonder if virtual expos (which seems like a contradiction in terms) will become the norm in years to come.

20. Stoic

Stoic Chieftain

for the release of civ vii it takes in my opinion 2023

Sherlock likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.