EA trying to take over Take-2

That's not always true, Lance. CNC3 had 9 patches (although I think a couple were internal only), IIRC.

I don't think Sid Meier will alow this, Civ is his ''baby''.

Maybe its just whisfull thinking :sad:

Don't let what happen to the Ultima's happen to Civ! Hold out people, don't be seduced by the Dark Side!

EA's effort in madden has damaged my faith in them (and madden is one of their biggest games!). They consistently release beta-quality garbage. In 2007, you could literally rush for 3000+ yards in a season, and win more than half of your games online...just by running goal line off tackle to the left. I've been on both sides of games in that year where with 3 seconds left, people run that play with 80 yards because it has a higher probability to score than a hail mary...by a LOT?!

Then in 08 they had brett farve randomly dancing sideways until he goes out of bounds, uncontrollable and unsackable, for a loss. They also have the stupid ability to throw high bullets and have ANY WR one-hand it. ANYBODY. Even the 3rd string tight end for a crappy team can one hand it and fall forward for a TD (even though the best WR's in the world ever could only make catches like that once in a while)...all the while allowing for garbage defensive formations to stop the run...like running dime vs goal line successfully! There's also the WR double pass, which basically just glitches people. You throw a "lateral" to a WR, who can then pass...except for nobody passes with him. They run, for a guaranteed 5 yards, because whoever was covering him either 1) dropped into zone the second he got lateraled to or 2) seeing his man stay back, rushed the QB, leaving the WR open.

Basically, this leads the games to be very one-dimensional as stopping these strategies is extremely arduous, and even when their best counters are used against them they still afford higher odds than any normal offense/defense would. Good bye, realism.

I can just see a civ equivalent of this now...let's see...good example? Here: AXE RUSHING IS ALWAYS THE BEST TACTIC. That would be an EA-Type balance for civ 4. Or archers would wind up with 5 str, or a random faction like the celts would have a unit that is glitched, so that rather than +10% vs cities the celt UU gets +100%, just by pure error, which would then NEVER be patched.

I sure hope if EA buys this out, they allow autonomy, because they sure as hell can't balance anything, and typically don't seem to care to.

After hearing about this yesterday and reading this thread. I got a random event in one of my games last night. Something like:

"Our game developers have created a new addictive game, called Civilization"

One of your options is to sell it for gold... :lol:

I'd never seen that one before, and it struck me as pretty ironic...

So bad - so so so bad. :cry:

This is the worst possible news for Civ players everywhere. We've all known that EA suck for many, many years but for me the final straw was the Battlefield series. The first BF encounters were awesome: fresh, exciting and playable. Then came BF2 which should have rocked. But it didn't work on most people's rigs. EA released a "patch" which addressed some cosmetic crap but left the game still in a broken state, then released another... still didn't fix the issues. What should have been an awesome game for online combat types was a nightmare. I even bought BOTH the expansion packs for it (another EA trick) nt realising that they didn't fix the game in any way so I now had a lot of money's worth of game which didn't work.

When did the patch that actually made online BF2 work get released? The same week as BF3 :mad:

/insert expletive here

I don't think Sid Meier will alow this, Civ is his ''baby''.

It's been sold out from under him before. I don't know, but it is likely that he would have little say in the matter (it really depends on who owns the IP, Firaxis/Take-Two or Sid himself).

Top Bottom