Eagle Breath

In regards to managing gold reserves to maximize research, unit support eventually becomes a factor.

Will we stop at the quantity of free units OR that many and pay for the workers we have?

As we produce a settler every four turns now, unit support won't be an issue for quite a while.

Main question regarding our allotted forces as the Byzantines. If we consider this the first quarter, how will we portion/divide our types of units? (20%worker, 50%Naval, 30%Land) as an example. not including settlers because they are temporary.

I think this depends on the attitude of our intracontinental opponent. But 20% workers seems too low anyway, right Chamnix? ;)

As we produce a settler every four turns now, unit support won't be an issue for quite a while.
Ok, well thats great news.

I think this depends on the attitude of our intracontinental opponent. But 20% workers seems too low anyway, right Chamnix? ;)
20% was just an example, I understand as more of our cities are founded the demand for improved tiles increases drastically and the desire to double up workers on projects to keep up with growth is what we are most likely after.
Having said that, we are creating the raw power to create units that we need to meet our challenges, these challenges unknown at this point, of coarse. If we were for example the Celts, the example % of sea units I would have used maybe 5%.

But as we are a naval oriented civ, we need only fortify land units on the side of potential avenues of approach (use of towers);), enough units to police our cities and a reactionary force. We need not worry about coastal approaches due to our Dromon.

As we expand toward our neighbor and leap frog these units in that directions we are building less ancient upgradeable units and save that gold.

But as we are a naval oriented civ, we need only fortify land units on the side of potential avenues of approach (use of towers);), enough units to police our cities and a reactionary force.

And a massive attack force to pound our enemies into submission. :hammer:

In regards to unit support, I hope most of our workers will be slaves. If we run into support problems, I always find that attacking someone will solve those problems.

In regards to unit support, I hope most of our workers will be slaves. If we run into support problems, I always find that attacking someone will solve those problems.

I think it's going to be difficult to acquire slaves in this game. Human players are going to protect their workers/settlers much better than the AI does.

It's quiet.........................tooo quiet..............:scared:

It's quiet.........................tooo quiet..............:scared:

I've got something random an off-topic. That good for you?

Take a look at this. It's what we'll do to our enemies if we don't have a source of our own. The video is kind of funny, but more so if you picture them referring to us when they say "the eagles".

Hilarious. Thanks, I enjoyed it. Now press B, dammit!

Happy St. Patrick's day! :beer:

I am having mjor problems with Verizon Wireless about usage. The really screwed up my account.

Anyway. I will be discontinuing my account with them, so if I disappear one day, you know what happened.

I touched on this some time ago but was sidetracked from it since, In the event WE make contact with our neighbor (hopefully I haven't missed that) we should have something interesting to say. Depending on who is dominate the dialog could go a few ways, which should be nice but possibly have an edge especially if were are dominate and want a slightly better deal than a even trade.

It shouldn't give away who we are and possibly deceive further that subject like a small clue that we are a land lover rather than Sea Civ. But wait there's more, we should include the possibility of future dialogs and in this I mean we do the steering. If we are able to offer a trade of maybe a Luxury for a Luxury we do it because they also accept some direction from us. We ask them to research something.

I wrote this about a month ago, I thought I might finish it but thought a discussion about it is the best policy. I used some of our names, don't take them to heart, this is just an example :)

Depending on the Situation and our Strength, it has occurred to me that when we meet our neighbor we should have something prepared. Because Calis is our physical connection he should be at point, while our most active voices stand just to his left and right etc

Spoiler :
As we approach the (xxxCivxxx) walled/(no walled) city of (xxxxxx) Sir Calis, Sir Chamnix just behind to the left, Sir Cyc to the right, Sir Charlemagne as rear guard are halted at he gate by a short but stout (xxunit typexx).
“What is your business?” “WE ARE HERE TO SEE YOUR KING.” “Is he expecting you?” “YES TO BE SURE, JUST MAY NOT BE THIS SOON”.
The stout (xxunit typexx) says wait here and I’ll send word of your arrival, he closes the door. A few minutes pass and the door reopens but this time a larger (xxunit typexx) is standing on the other side and walks threw. “Who might I inquire that wishes to see the King?” Sir Cyc says “YOU MIGHT”, Sir Calis raises a hand and introduces the party.
The large (xxunit typexx) points towards the door as if to allow entrances but reaches up and puts a hand on Sir Calis’ chest and says “Come in peace today, we are ready for your visit. Sir Charlemagne say “LEAD THE WAY”, The large (xxunit typexx) passes threw the door followed by Calis, Cyc, Chamnix and Charlemagne, the band of Eagles all stoop just a bit to clear the doorway.

At the door of the Kings chamber the (xxunit typexx) speaks of a few formalities of meeting his King, The band of Eagles are amused but play along.

Entering the Kings court in the same order as before we see the King of (xxxxxx) sitting on his thrown. He gestures and offers a welcoming smile. “So we finally meet leaders of the Neighbor Kingdom , what brings you to (xxxCivxxx )

Yes, it is good to have something ready so we can send an official greeting immediately while we discuss foreign policy. We'll want to do some editing for overseas greetings too...we might even have the opportunity of meeting rivals from the deck of a Dromon.

Yes, it is good to have something ready so we can send an official greeting immediately while we discuss foreign policy. We'll want to do some editing for overseas greetings too...we might even have the opportunity of meeting rivals from the deck of a Dromon.
There are other, better, ways of finding out that we're the Byzantines. Like if we were to bombard their capital with our special friends. ;)

There are other, better, ways of finding out that we're the Byzantines. Like if we were to bombard their capital with our special friends. ;)

But that would be futile, unless we had units on board to deliver the killer blow. More like if their exploration ship happens to disappear at sea...

Top Bottom