1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Eagle Knights

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Unit Graphics' started by Nomad or What, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Nomad or What

Nomad or What Wayfarer Supporter

A winged, flying humanoid with 11 custom animations & effects and 3 skins. Source art from Atlantica Online.

2. bouncymischa

bouncymischa Synthetic Genie

.... Time to make a Tengu unit!

Honestly, it's awesome that you keep making all of these cool units, Nomad or What!

3. Nomad or What

Thanks! This particular unit is actually incidental; I need the custom animations to create angels, demons, devils, etc. and this particular unit had the animations I wanted. More to follow!

4. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

These look great, and flying units are always welcome. There is a civ I'm planning to add to my mod (at some point after the first release) where these units will fit nicely :)

If you could only make a flying angel I'd be more than happy (but, as with my other suggestion, the urgency level is low ;))

5. Nomad or What

I needed to make this unit first as a template for an Angel. Otherwise, the angel would have been first! I should have the Angel complete within a week.

6. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

I'd recommend using the wings from Deliverator's Griffon on the Angel, Nomad: he painstakingly reshaped the wings so that they don't have that alpha transparency issue that this unfortunately has a lot of... nice animations from what I'm seeing though! Elohim from KoW maybe...

7. rikomasu

rikomasu Chieftain

Great works again :D can't wait for the angels

8. Pazyryk

Pazyryk Deity

Great job.

Just curious, does it hover in place like the existing Drake units? (Looks like it from screen shot, but hard to tell.) Maybe eventually we will have griffons that fly too.

9. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

it's a guuurl !!
    (and not a bikini-chain-mail !!)
    shame that I expect few people to use her.
    as a side note, I expect she would be better with a more mundane weapon... with a spearhead of glittering steel ! (it might make her less outlandish)

keep the nice jobs coming !

thanks again

10. Nomad or What

Changing the spear would be a very easy fix. To be honest, I converted this unit for the animations; I wasn't really concerned with the unit itself. This set of custom animations is the precursor to angels and demons as well as other flying humanoids :) .

11. Nomad or What

Yes, they hover in place. There are custom Griffon animations that I will be working on someday as well (I already have them, I just need to convert them).

12. Pazyryk

Pazyryk Deity

This may be looking a gift horse in the mouth, but I wonder if we want angels and demons constantly flapping wings even when stationary. I kind of think I want them to stand on the ground, then fly when moving or attacking. But then I also want to win $60,000,000 in the lottery...

(Really, Drakes look great hovering and probably it will be OK since demons and angels never appear in huge numbers.)

13. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

I prefer when flying units stand on the ground too, as then it makes more sense that they can be attacked by ground melee units - I don't want to make them immune to ground melee attacks like it's done in some games, for example MoM. But the animations are not a big problem for me, and I'm still going to use the hovering units, like the ones here.

14. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

Is there still a chance we will get the angels?

(If no flying angel units are available, I'm going to use this one (the white version) temporarily to represent the angel in my mod.)

15. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

Nomad must have annoyed JFD somehow, as I believe nobody's heard from him in a couple months.
    I might be able to do an angel unit using the animations for this, but then it always has to have a spear.

16. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

Spear for the angel is OK for me :)

17. Nomad or What

Why, yes, there is still a chance to get angels. I never should have put a timeline in for them to be complete; fate somehow always sets you up to fail when you do. :lol: