Ealy expansion

Ben II

To much time on Hands
:sniper: For some reson i am never able to get large empire runing with countents on, i have my neibor go and invadethe hole island and i am not able to fight him because he has the resource, but i don't like pangea or archipeligo, any advice on how to expand quick enough?? Thankyou very much for ressponding

dont see the ressource point. build archers! they will do as fine as swordsmen :)

There is an extremely good article by Bamspeedy somewhere in this forum that deals specifically with early expansion. I would find it for you but I always seem to stuff up on using those search gizmoes.

Any the basic info was something like:
- turn your first city into a settler pump. If you have a cow or wheat square then irrigate it and mine some grassland so you can produce a settler every 4 or 5 turns and then just keep pumping them settlers out. Produce 3 or four warriors first, keep one or two for defence and send the other two out exploring.

The article takes you step bt step from 4000 Bc until you have a big empire.

BTW Since I read the Bamspeedy article my opening game improved immensely (much larger empire). I strongly recommnd it even to experienced players.

EDIT.
Found it:
http://www.civfanatics.com/civ3acad_deity_settlers.shtml

Yes, Bamspeedy's Babylon Deity Settlers is a great article, really helpful!
I would also recommend cracker's Improving your opening play sequence, which is also an excellent article.
Both can be found in the strategy articles forum....

The articles mentioned above are good. The basics are that to have a big empire means you have many cities. To have many cities you must build many settlers. Sounds simple, but execution can be difficult sometimes.

Thankyou verymuch on your imput

Don't forget to MM your few cities in BC. A settler one turn earlier, two more commerce or 10 spt instead of 9 spt can make a huge difference. Your empire is growing exponentially in the first stage of the game (well, at least it should..) and these small changes have a kind of steamaroller effect for the later stages of the game.

Top Bottom