1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Earliest Diety DoW

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by qalsip1977, Sep 30, 2011.

1. qalsip1977

qalsip1977 Wonder Lust

I was playing a game as Askia last night with the intent of a domination victory on deity. Nearby to the south was a angry and bloodthirsty Monty. He DoW on turn 13 (quick speed). I was stunned lol...that was early! I was just curious if this was a record or if others had seen DoW tossed out even earlier??

Oh and, while on the subject of odd AI behavior, I started a Korea cultural OCC deity game the other day and had Egypt fairly close by (who I met around turn 5 or 6) and he told me what a puny army I had by turn 10. When I moused-over him in my diplo window it said "he wants nothing to do with you right now". I've never seen this!! And to make things even more wierd...he became friendly towards me after I built ToA and DoF me by turn 30. WTF??? lol

2. Windsor

Windsor Flawless

I've seen a couple T13 wars (normal speed). Never any earlier. Usually they don't declare before T25-50. At least one of them always declares on me before T60.

3. OmegaKabob

OmegaKabob Le Just Derpin' Around ~

I never play Diety, and honestly I'm learning how to handle Prince after a long time break, but when I first tried Diety as Arabia I had Askia and Kamehameha as neighbors and wasn't DOW'd at all for at least 100 turns. I was pretty shocked, I was expecting to be trampled pretty early.

4. Babri

Babri Emperor

It is concluded that somehow AI was able to read your mind & plan its moves ahead. :p

5. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Deity

I recently ran into a turn 12 DoW, but that was due to me 'settler rushing' the Ottomans and I ended up settling where their 2nd city was supposed to go.

Other than that, the AI doesn't get that uppity early in the game much anymore. It depends on the AI, and what it rolled, but normally you can expect a classical era rush now as the earliest.

6. jtb1127

jtb1127 Deity

I have played on deity a few times and the earliest dow was probably around turn 40.