1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Early Peaceful Space Victory at Deity (and lower?)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by RJM, Feb 28, 2018.

1. RJM

RJM Chieftain

I have followed the long thread below with great interest. My understanding is that to get an early space victory requires a number of factors:
    1) A good map - this includes city states, room to expand and good terrain for adjacency bonuses. (My experience is that a good map will double your science output in the 1st 100 turns.
    2) A suitably chosen leader, Pericles and Trajan seemed to be favoured, although I have a soft spot for Qin.
    3) Early focus on culture (including 3 theatre strategy) to speed through the civic tree.
    4) Micromanagement to reduce the cost of districts by not completing the tech or civic that opens a district not currently needed.
    5) Globalization civic (although actually I'm not sure how important this is).
    6) Accurate play (ie don't waste turns).
    7) A good slice of luck.

Have I missed, or not understood any of the conclusions?

I suspect that the recent update that killed the overflow on space projects may mean that space victories will be a bit slower now.

2. MIS

MIS Chieftain

That was all pre R&F. I think greater players than me are devising new strategies. I'd be surprised if Korea wasn't the #1 Choice for peaceful SV going forward, but I won't pretend to be an expert. Also, I think Globalisation might be less effective, since the major civs now destroy CS the whole game.

RJM likes this.
  3. vaejovis

vaejovis Chieftain

I'm curious as to how a religious-focused civ (Russia, Japan, Poland) would be able to handle a fast SV. My guess is that a quick early religion with culture-based beliefs/worship building, Jesuit education, etc would be the basis. This concept basically leverages a higher faith production to faith-buy settlers and science districts/buildings to jump-start the midgame and snowball culture/tech. This would save/minimize chops for typical infrastructure (districts) and reserve them for later projects, etc.

Russia and Japan, in particular, are interesting due to the increased adjacency bonuses and decreased cost of holy sites (and theater squares - Japan). The lavra's bonus to great writer production in particular is intriguing to get the first/early great writers prior to getting theater squares online (not to mention having a constant source of great works to sell).

whylom likes this.
  4. whacker

whacker Chieftain

Im playing a game with exactly these ideas at the moment. Russia, God of the Harvest, Jesuit education, Lawra/Campus/Theater. I think it is incredibly powerful, but my map is complete **** and i don`t think i can make it before ~t170.
    In general i think this is a viable, potentially super strong strategy, but without enough space peaceful gameplay will always fall short in comparison to warmongering, at least for quick SV.

hongyu20 and i_imperator like this.
  5. Athmos

Athmos Chieftain

I thought along the same way and tried this (Russia + Jesuit Education) but lost focus when an AI declared upon me. I might retry the same map later to see If I can pull it off.

6. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

The vanilla way was to get lots of money, buy the scientists you need and chop in the projects. They have nerfed buying the scientists and the chop overflow has been altered so that way is gone for R&F. They have also nerfed science a lot. Each pop only provides 0.5 not 0.7, the science city states behave differently and the Rationalization card has been nerfed.

For the mid-end game the current best way is to have a city with a military academy and get Reyna to buy the spaceport there (7.4k)
    If you have the Royal society (tier 3 government building) then you can use workers to add 3-4% to a project per charge. With Liangs extra worker charge and pyramids each worker can have 7 charges (china being 8). You can only use one worker per turn on a space project by moving them onto the spaceport and expending them.
    The idea is to get the moon landing done early which gives a huge boost to culture to get you to globalization where Pingala and the military academy (and hong king and Robert Goddard)
    to help speed up the projects and at globalization you can get a % extra science for each CS you are suze of... finally you start hitting the last 3 projects which probably can be done one after the other in the same spaceport with Liang building the builders in a nearby city and Pingala running the projects. You can also use Magnus to chop in or just chop in.

There is so much more though earlier. Monumental golden ages combined with goddess of the harvest is frighteningly good. Magnus chopping in your wonders and science buildings, The new Kwila wonder is fantastic. Getting cities to pop 10 with high adjacency campuses. A lot of the early game is normal beyond that but yes, as youi no longer need to buy scientists then culture buildings are a better option.

Good players are getting SV in the 150-160 mark, all very map dependent.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    i_imperator, jkg777 and Boyan_Sun like this.
  7. Stamden

Stamden Chieftain

Is there any full videos of these good players doing a quick SV in RnF? I loved civtrader6's videos but his only RnF one is a dom victory and I don't think he is still posting. I am not really sure how to optimize anymore with governors and golden ages added to the mix. Also, civtrader6 use to say to have 10+ Commercial Hubs but since now you don't get the traders until markets I am not sure how important they are to prioritize or if they should ever be build before Campuses.

Also, I keep hearing mention of Chinese forums and some high level strats (like some kind of super early triple city strat). I can't seem to find any chinese forums though. Do you happen to have a link?

8. Boyan_Sun

Boyan_Sun Chieftain

Maybe you want this? Very very detailed, but in Chinese. https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/how-to-quick-sv-share-your-view.628174/page-4#post-15082356
    (Recommended to watch at 1.5x speed. This guy is very long-winded)
    You can also check this whole thread to find some hints. In fact, it was, to some extent, boring. SV in R&F became a Magnus management game.
    This guy in that video is now trying something a little bit “crooked”, which was what Lily suggested "Monasticism", and there should be a new video in next few days.

By the way, till now the fastest record so far in version 1.0.0.257 was Japan, SV at T115, 25 BC, and this strategy was also "crooked", using CH spamming with "Free Inquiry".

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018