1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Early rush: How long?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by BWS, Dec 8, 2017.

1. BWS

BWS Big Bradd Wolfe

Lately I have been getting the hang of early attacks on neighbors and nearby city states. However, I don’t yet have a good feel for when to stop attacking and focus more on developing my civ. What factors should I take into account? I think I understand general strategies, like timing attacks: get an offensive advantage from tech, like archers or UUs, attack until defenses catch up, then build up another tech imbalance. I’m not sure about the detailed tactics though, and I don’t know whether I should care about things like diplomatic warmonger penalties. What are good guidelines to follow?

2. Kin

Kin Chieftain

You stop when you see the samurai swing his sword. They will all hate you no matter what. Somewhere along you need to get musettes and cannons.

3. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

You stop producing when you have 2 armies.
    You can start developing round then or earlier.
    You really should hold off until feudalism before you start making too many builders.
    The question is when do you stop attacking.... never? When it's right?

BWS likes this.
  4. Stevanovic

Stevanovic Chieftain

For me the early rush ends when the AI starts building walls. That’s when I stop capturing cities and start concentrating on the longer game. The introduction of warmongering penalties also is about when I stop

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  5. tharg

tharg Chieftain

Well, it depends of course but.
    1) When it starts getting too difficult. You find yourself out-teched, or the walls they have started building are proving too much trouble.
    2) Don't stop. If your UU comes at the right time you can usually just plough through the problems in 1.
    3) Run out of opponents. Either you have cleared your starting continent or island, or the next opponent is just too far away to bother.
    4) Some other random reason that boils down Its time to stop because I want to stop.

6. Bluetooth

Bluetooth King

I stop when I can’t conquer more Cities with my Archers/Warriors/Swordsmen or when I have conquered all Cities on my continent.

7. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Chieftain

You can stop when you see a video with samurais and redcoats, and some more components which I cannot recall, I think.

Victoria likes this.
  8. stinkubus

stinkubus Chieftain

The people look like cardboard cutouts in that vid lol.