1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Early war issues with revolt.

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by MarkJohnson, Feb 2, 2019.

1. MarkJohnson

MarkJohnson Chieftain

I am attacking a civ and capture the first city, I head to the second city and the first one revolts and attacks me with barbarians it has spawned.

Is there a trick to attacking early. I have such few abilities and units this early.

Or am I suppose to raze everything? except the capital.

2. bbbt

bbbt Warlord

You can leave a unit and put a governor in there and that can often slow revolt down enough to take cities around it, preventing revolt.

Sometimes you can choose a different plan of attack in terms of what city to start with.

The units of the free cities often just attack those inside their borders. So sometimes you can just ignore it while you finish off the civ, and then go back and grab it (or let loyalty pressure from your newly captured cities do so).

3. MarigoldRan

MarigoldRan WARLORD

8 archers can kill revolting people and attack new targets.

I think you're struggling because you didn't get enough archers.

4. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Warlord Supporter

Sometimes you can plot a course that allows you to pick off enemy cities one at a time without loyalty problems. Moving up governors helps (their bonus kicks in immediately on being moved, not when they're established),

More often than not, you need to pick off two or three enemy cities in order to avoid the first city flipping. Don't worry about it, it's normal. Just drive on and capture the nearby enemy cities as quickly as you can. There'll be plenty of time to knock off the revolters later, after the war is won.

War under the Loyalty system is typically an all-or-nothing affair. Once you take an enemy city, it's usually best to continue on and take all of their cities. Once you have them all, there will be no Loyalty problems. You can do limited wars, if that's more to your taste, but it's more challenging than all out warmongering (just as peaceful play in Civ 6 is more challenging than playing aggressive).

5. UWHabs

UWHabs Warlord

Most of the time, putting a governor there an keeping a unit will give you at least 4 turns to capture the next city before you lose it to loyalty. Once you have 2 cities nearby, then they reinforce each other and you're usually good for the rest of the war. You can also get another +4 or so through policy cards later in the tech trees if you need that bonus, and sometimes I'll buy a monument if they didn't have it previously for that extra +1.

Occasionally I have captured a city, and then abandoned it to the barbarians, and then just plan to go back and capture it once I have that foothold. But the key I find is getting 2 cities in a war, once you get that you're good.

6. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Warlord Supporter

For flavour, Monuments should be auto-destroyed on conquest. Then you need to put up your own to inspire Loyalty in your latest imperial addition. :)