Early warrior rush anyone?

berserks01

Obviously Very Confused
Anyone ever tried this strat? Works all the time for me on noble. Gonna start trying it in my Prince games and see how well (or if) it works.

Basically, start off by building 5-6 warriors, you can usual get them pretty quick if u set your city to work a good production tile. Go to the nearest civ and take it out. What I found is that all of them usually build 2 warriors and then a worker.

Works great if the other civ is right next to you, cuz you'll have 2 great cities very early and a free worker. I've even taken out 2 civ before with this strat since they're both right next to me.

Just sharing my 2 cents.

I would imagine they'd have to be very close by and you'd have to get this done very quickly, before Archers show up. I may have to try it sometime. I'm just getting used to nabbing workers with my Warriors; it sounds worthwhile to explore what else these very under-rated units are capable of.

berserks01 said:
Anyone ever tried this strat? Works all the time for me on noble. Gonna start trying it in my Prince games and see how well (or if) it works.

Basically, start off by building 5-6 warriors, you can usual get them pretty quick if u set your city to work a good production tile. Go to the nearest civ and take it out. What I found is that all of them usually build 2 warriors and then a worker.

Works great if the other civ is right next to you, cuz you'll have 2 great cities very early and a free worker. I've even taken out 2 civ before with this strat since they're both right next to me.

Just sharing my 2 cents.
Incans will be the best at high difficulty.

They don't have to be very close. In some cases, it took my pack of warriors 18 turns to get to the other civ's border, and it's still enough to do the job.

But if you want to do it to 2 civs, you're right one of them has to be practically next to you for it to work.

mudd said:
Incans will be the best at high difficulty.

You mean, Inca is the only civ you can do this with at high levels of difficulty.

Once the AI starts with free Archers, this strategy falls short. Quechas are specifically designed to get around that, because they have decent chances against Archers, but even then, you need a truck load of them.

Starcraft makes me cry:scan: :cry: :(

yes I love Being Incan and rushing with my Quecha to take out a Civ it was like the thing I did in my second game.

(My first was being a Egyptian since I loved Egyptians in Civ3, not anymore though but Industrious is still my favourtie Trait :))

I always do this now!

I build nothing but warriors initially, until I have 4-5, by which time my exploring unit has usually found my nearest adversary. I just march over and take them down. It gives you a great early advantage, as you can forget building settlers in your capital, and just get an early wonder (or two!)

well, this strat (other than quechuas) is bound to fall flat at levels were AIs start with archers.

Did it once though, on a second city that was so close to my borders that i would have been totally boxed.
Tried it another time on a hill city with archer :cry:

It would take a bit of waiting to hook up horses, but using Hatshepsut for War Chariots might do the trick better...unless your target already has a Spearman. (Although your Quechuas would have a hard time then, too.)

Top Bottom