Standard map, continents, 8 civs.
Emperor difficulty.
Epic.

Mods I'm using:

CP, CBP full kit with EUI.
Aggressive and Expansive AI (v 1)
JFD's Cities in Development (v 12)
JFD's Cultural Diversity (Core) (v 4)
JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded (v 8)
JFD's Piety and Sovereignty (Piety) (v 10)
Extra Victory Conditions (v 1)

The thing is there have not been any wars till 80AD. The AI does not build units to defend itself, not to mention attack somebody. I built a few units, and I attacked Babylon and India twice. They have no units, maybe one or two with two, three cities. I believe I could destroy them soon. Attacking them have not changed their attitude so far. They are neutral all the time despite a few negative modifiers. They want peace because I seem to be stronger. Is this normal? Is this because the map is too small?

Mods I'm using:

I believe Events and decisions is required by Piety and Sovereignty.

The thing is there have not been any wars till 80AD. The AI does not build units to defend itself, not to mention attack somebody. I built a few units, and I attacked Babylon and India twice. They have no units, maybe one or two with two, three cities. I believe I could destroy them soon. Attacking them have not changed their attitude so far. They are neutral all the time despite a few negative modifiers. They want peace because I seem to be stronger. Is this normal? Is this because the map is too small?

Well for Ai to be peaceful when the player is stronger is very common.
If you want somee warmonger AI, here's a few ideas:
*Choose the right Civs*
Despite the nuke memes, AI Gandhi isn't likely to attack you (he'll just be very likely to use nukes if he does). Try picking jerk opponents like Mongolia or the Zulu. If you've got modded civs, try to use aggressive ones. Civs with 'MAJOR_CIV_APPROACH_FRIENDLY' set at 9 just aren't interested in fighting. 'MAJOR_CIV_APPROACH_WAR' is what you'll want. Taken to the extreme, you could play with a set of civs with this set on 12. :evil:

Also, smaller maps don't mean less wars. In fact, jamming a lot of civs into a small map is likely to cause lots of wars.

*Turn up <AIDeclareWarProb>*
2) Community Balance Patch\Balance Changes\Difficulty\difficultymod.XML
Change <AIDeclareWarProb> to a bigger number. I believe deity AIs have this set to 200 in vanilla and that's why they're so war crazy.

My Settings:

Standard map, continents, 8 civs.
Emperor difficulty.
Epic.

Mods I'm using:

Don't use that mod. Also, things like ExCE will, because of feature movement penalties, slow early wars.

G

OKI, thanks guys, I will do as you say trying a few more games before I give you another update.

BTW, your mods are excellent Gazebo, JFD, Whoward and anyone else who contributes to the project. Brilliant job. Keep up the good work.

Top Bottom