Earth, 1000 AD - A Historical PBEM

I am moderately interested. I've never even fired up this scenario. I'll take a look.

Yeah I'd be fine counting that. Every piece of land on the map has to be considered some sort of continent, so if it has to be something it would be N.A.

That being said, I realize some of these "goals" are a little wishy washy with borders and whatnot. I'm willing to be flexible and think everyone else should too, we will all be able to tell when someone has won, there's no need to argue over any technicalities. majority rules, if most people agree you've accomplished your goal, then we should be fine. Of course on Epic speed, even starting at the halfway point, we are still looking at 300-450 turns for most of these victory conditions, plenty of game to be played.

What about Panama City? A city in the Caucasus, or the Sinai peninsula? Indonesia? Hawaii? That island in the Indian Ocean? Greenland? Antarctica?

Y'know, I never really liked Geography until now. :lol:

I am moderately interested. I've never even fired up this scenario. I'll take a look.

MisterCooper I won't officially put you on the list, but if youd like to officially join, just say so and I'll add you.

What about Panama City? A city in the Caucasus, or the Sinai peninsula? Indonesia? Hawaii? That island in the Indian Ocean? Greenland? Antarctica?

Y'know, I never really liked Geography until now. :lol:

I will be the end-all, be-all judge if need be. With most people I wouldn't be very harsh, but with you... stay on the mainland!

Hercules you are in, your selection is noted on page 1. I've also updated the second part of your victory condition!

This game is becoming pretty large, so I'm going to cut this game off to any new players (unless someone drops of course). If Mister Cooper joins that will be 8 which is more than enough and will be plenty for Epic speed! If not, 7 is plenty...

Ok Eclipse you are set and your second victory requirement has been updated.

Also, for everyone's ease of use, I have been continually updating the first post of this thread for players, including links to the post with your specific victory condition, since I'm sure you'll be referring back in the future.

hi nighthawk! thx for the invitation
i took a look at the scenario and i´m interested.

please count me in! i´m choosing the Malinese Empire :king:

academia, you are in. I've updated the first post and part 2 of your victory condition. Please send me your email in a PM when you get a chance and also sign up for www.PBEMtracker.com. Thanks!

It seems that Incans and Aztecs would have less competition in the early game as they are by themselves. However, they will be suffering in the tech department and may not be able to withstand an invading force...

gpcii you have been added, your victory condition updated, etc. Please send me your email and sign up on www.PBEMtracker.com... thanks!

Only a few people left to choose some civs. I will need to do my worldbuilder editing and then we will launch in the next couple of days...

Victory Condition, part 2: - ready for the real challenge? The Mongols were mainly nomads and liked to burn the cities they invaded. Therefore, as the Mongolians, you can never own more than 4 cities at one time. Once you have reached 4 cities, thats it, you must burn any other cities you capture. You can accept a 5th city... but then you must immediately gift one of your old cities to another civ.

:lol: Wow. Quite an interesting twist! This leaves me no choice, I will need to be quite ruthless to progress. Very different than the standard strategy.

Wicked Willy Warhammer will now be the Ruthless Raider:eek:

Wait. What? I have a nickname now. =S

Wicked Willy has some weird stuff if googled. Discretion advised.

:lol: Wow. Quite an interesting twist! This leaves me no choice, I will need to be quite ruthless to progress. Very different than the standard strategy.

This was one of my favorite twists... I was hoping a good warmonger would take the Mongols and you came through for me. Its defintely going to be a challenge thats for sure, especially since most of the far east is dominated by humans right now...

Count me in - I'll take the Aztecs if they're still available

Count, you are counted in! I've updated the first post and your victory condition...

I know I said I would cut off players, but I just cant turn down letting players in that I've invited. This will probably be a bit of a slow moving game due to the sheer number of players, so my apologies :(

That being said, I dont think theres anyone else i've invited that has yet to respond one way or another, so unless I'm forgetting someone else, thats it.

Luthor and MisterCooper, if youd like to play, get back to me with a civ choice...from the limited list left.

I will be making my worldbuilder edits probably tonight and hopefully we will launch by the end of the week!

Top Bottom