1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Earth, 1000 AD - A Historical PBEM

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PBEM Games' started by Nighthawk419, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Luthor_Saxburg

Luthor_Saxburg Vassal of Civilization

Ruff, I did not understand your comment at first! Now I get it! Good one! :lol:

Thank you Knoedel. I will count on your help! :D

I vouch for the Maliland conversion. It is now Christian land and is slowly coverting their populace to the true religion: the Ortodox Christian one! (not to be mistaken with some other fake Christian religions...)

2. Hercules90

Hercules90 Deity

What's this we savages hear via fast canoe, tom tom and Chinese whispers: That Queen? Khan ? the CXII of Engolia? has been defeated and converted to Christianity.

Transformation of believers. Romans (12–15:13)

3. sinimusta

sinimusta el capitano

Congratulations for the victory! This is good news for all Christian peoples.

Personally I think that AP votes still running means that Christendom never split up into competing churches. It wouldn't make sense to me that Orthodox church would be obliged to do what is decided in Rome (to be clear, the city).

4. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Stalin and Starlight, Stalling a Stallion

lol

Have you guys even checked out the thread the link in my signature is leading to?

5. Luthor_Saxburg

Rome city??? If the AP leader lives in Constantinople, don't you mean that the Christian church is obliged to do what is decided in Constantinople? ;)

I do not understand your point! Let me repeat myself:

6. sinimusta

sinimusta el capitano

The building itself is in Rome. And even if the decisions are made in Constantinoble, that still means the church itself is more united than in the real world.

7. Luthor_Saxburg

Is this the final word or not?

Can I start using the Change Civic spying action? Hercules, do not worry, you are safe... for a while... as I haven't found you yet! :p

8. Imp. Knoedel

I recommend y'all move over to the general thread to discuss this. I want a single house rule consistently enacted in all games so you don't have to remember different restrictions for different games.

9. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

Yes this is final. I didn't exactly see a consensus in the general discussion thread. Maybe its a flaw in the game, but the annoyance works both ways...

Meanwhile, with Genghis Khan dead, Spanish Knights have arrived at the doorstep of the Mongolian homeland. Spain declares war on the Mongols...

10. Imp. Knoedel

No it doesn't, it makes Spiritual leaders absurdly overpowered!

11. Hercules90

Hercules90 Deity

I agree with Imp K on this.

12. Luthor_Saxburg

If the houserules are clearly updated in post #1 you don't have to remember, you just have to read.

You can't seriously expect to enforce the same rule in all the games, do you? If you have it, good for you. If not... not.

But... but... I am a spiritual being... so why the heck do I agree with Knoedel? :confused:

13. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

Spiritual leaders still need to wait 5 turns to switch civics back, even if there is no turn of anarchy. Spiritual does get that advantage, but like I said, it goes both ways. No one seems to realize the downside of using all of your spy points for change civic missions. Is it too cheap? Probably. But personally knowing that if I start doing it, people will do it to me, is annoying enough to stop me from instigating. And unfortunately the MP PBEM setup means you will know exactly who has done it, which means wars will be started. If you are willing to go to war with a civ because you wanted to change their civics, go for it.

14. sinimusta

sinimusta el capitano

I actually also agree with Knoedel, this should be limited. With a spi civ it doesn't really go both ways, as the spi civ doesn't have to spend any turns in anarchy to change back, so it's way less a nuisance than for non-spi civs.

Also I think it's more likely that people use the spy mission against already chosen war target, not just go to war to screw around with other civs civics.

15. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Has the turn progressed beyond Japan yet?

16. ruff_hi

ruff_hi Live 4ever! Or die trying

I emailed it forward on July 21st.

17. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

The turn must be with Spain then.

18. sinimusta

sinimusta el capitano

So what's going on with this game?

19. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

I have a feeling ruff_hi didn't send his turn to Spain but he forwarded it to eclipse for upload and eclipse did not upload it to tracker .

20. ruff_hi

ruff_hi Live 4ever! Or die trying

Nope. Emailed to nighthawk on July 21. I just sent another copy.