Earth, 1000 AD - A Historical PBEM

Oops sorry... I had played but looks like it never got uploaded to Knoedel during the tracker issues time. Thought I kept on top of that but apparently I didn't. Sorry everyone!

Spanish General fell victim of Mongolian Knights!

I hereby humbly request the administrator of this game to implement the following two house rules, effective immediately:

*You may only change the civics of a civ if you have more espionage points against them than they have against you.

*If a human is the vassal of another human, the master may demand one resource as tribute every turn. If the vassal does not comply they must break the capitulation at the soonest opportunity. The vassal may cancel every such tribute as soon as the game allows, meaning a master can only have a maximum of 10 resources sent for free by their vassal at any one point unless the vassal sends them voluntarily.

The first proposal was discussed and it was not implemented.

I must say that even though I am a sympathizer of your 1st proposal. However, I understand the rule of "if it is allowed by the game, it is allowed".

No and No, unless the overwhelming majority agrees. I still don't understand why the second is even something that should be considered.

No and No, unless the overwhelming majority agrees. I still don't understand why the second is even something that should be considered.

The second one is part of the reason you are replacing Tigranes in the better future game.

The second one is part of the reason you are replacing Tigranes in the better future game.
Naaaah! I think that the reason for that is of another sort! :p

I think that Knoedel's 2nd proposal makes sense. I think that the way that the human to human vassalage works probably has a bug. The possible bug is that the vassal can refuse paying the tribute to the Master without any possible penalty.

When the AI is a vassal, it must pay or declare war. So that should probably also meant to work for humans. I do not know for sure as I did not talk to the developers about their intent, but I suspect it to be so... and it does make sense. Refusing to pay Tribute without penalty... does not seem to make sense to me.

Happy to step in. Good luck Japan!

Naaaah! I think that the reason for that is of another sort! :p

I think that Knoedel's 2nd proposal makes sense. I think that the way that the human to human vassalage works probably has a bug. The possible bug is that the vassal can refuse paying the tribute to the Master without any possible penalty.

When the AI is a vassal, it must pay or declare war. So that should probably also meant to work for humans. I do not know for sure as I did not talk to the developers about their intent, but I suspect it to be so... and it does make sense. Refusing to pay Tribute without penalty... does not seem to make sense to me.

Is that so? I've played a number of single player AI games where I've had vassals and I have asked for resources and gotten refused with no consequences. As far as I'm concerned, if you need resources, that needs to be part of the original offer for vassalage. Peace vassals are really no different than being allies with a defensive pact (and no chance for the vassal to win the game by military means) and war vassals are simply stuck being unable to win the game by military means. Vassals shouldn't be taken lightly because they CAN drag you into a war you aren't prepared for. Thats why accepting a vassal shouldn't be taken lightly, sometimes its better to just finish them off... The master can always release the vassal and then declare war on them, thats the penalty!

Master can't release the vassal at his own will, it's always the vassal who gets to break free if the right conditions are met.

I've played a number of single player AI games where I've had vassals and I have asked for resources and gotten refused with no consequences.

No, you didn't. Either you misunderstood something, have faulty memory, are lying, or encountered a bug.

Not so. One cannot release vassal. And "refusal means war" is a standard phrase when dealing with vassals in single player. Simply humans are masters and tend to overlook that.

No, you didn't. Either you misunderstood something, have faulty memory, are lying, or encountered a bug.
Hmm, I was going to comment on Night's comment but more in the lines of "either you misunderstood something, or encountered a bug"... but Knoedel took the broader and unpolite way! :rolleyes:

Nightman, what version are you using? Was it in basic BtS? Did you run all the patches? It seems very strange that your vassals refused you something and not had to declare war...

Knoedel likes to sound shocking. It helps him to stay true to his character :)

How exactly was I rude? I just named possible explanations.

How exactly was I rude? I just named possible explanations.

I looked rude to me too. Most people ready your previous post ...

... as something similar to ...

No, you didn't. Either you are stupid, are stupid, are stupid, or encountered a bug.

Pft, you guys are being ridiculous. I'm not exactly subtle, so if I wanted to call Nighthawk stupid I would do just that, like for how he has a hard on for Free Speech, or just won't give me those workers in Jiminy Cricket. In this case however, I do not yet know whether or not this issue is at all related to his intelligence, hence I withhold my judgment on his supposed stupidity for now.

Also how would lying make him stupid?

Look, Knoedel, my advice is that you read what is being said and think a bit about it. Maybe you could learn something that could be usefull for your life. Or maybe not.

I think that I kind of know you and so I took your sentence as funny and no so much sa offensive. I did not take your sentence as rude, just as... 'Knoedel style'! :p
I would think that Nighthawk knows your style as well, so probably no harm done.

Sometimes you are rude in the comments that you write, but you do not realize it. You do not intend to do it, it just cames out in a spontaneous way... maybe if you said out loud the same words, it could be interpreted differently (as the tone of voice is always key) but the way you write them... well, I am sure you get some strong reactions of your writting once in a while. Am I right?

So I just advise you to be a little bit more carefull about what you write. For your own good.
Or... you could write what you want, not caring if people like it or not. But then you should not be too surprised for getting a few strong reactions about some of them. (and consider that not everybody might write back but still feel that way)

Top Bottom