[BTS] Earth 1000 AD Scenario - Strategy for Inca

hitrho5

Chieftain
I've been playing the BTS version of the Earth 1000 AD scenario a lot lately, and I'm trying to get a win with all 18 empires. I've managed to do so on chieftain difficulty with all but one so far - the Inca.

I've tried for a space race victory 3 times and either failed or ended up quitting each time. All other victory types seem impossible because of the technological and geographical disadvantage at the start, but maybe I'm wrong. My strategy so far has been to make 1 or 2 cities west of the Andes, and then settle northwestern Colombia (to make passing between the Caribbean and Pacific easy) and then the east coast of Brazil (because it's rich in resources). I focused on developing the cities that aren't blocked off by the Andes and traded as much as I could with other empires to close the technology gap, but I still kept coming up short.

Any advice? Should I try for a different type of victory?

On chieftain difficulty it should be possible to conquer Monty rather easily.
Settle north, get some galleys and swords ?
Inca have gold / silver at start, I think...

Generally better to settle the south first, there's a lot more food and a lot less jungle, its fairly easy to build a road between Chile and Argentina. Obviously whip out settlers and workers to rex asap. Astronomy beeline looks tempting, lots of tech trades and resource trades for corn.

Usually on earth 18 the late game strategy is communist watermills and workshops in the amazon, does need a lot of workers however.

This is an amazing writeup of an espionage-heavy space game with the Inca:
Maybe it can give you some inspiration :)

This is an amazing writeup of an espionage-heavy space game with the Inca:
Maybe it can give you some inspiration :)
Hi everyone, I'm actually the one that posted the Inca game a while ago. I've been planning for quite a while to do an all-leader challenge, on Deity, for the 1000 AD scenario.
Decided to do it on youtube so I can comment on my thinking more freely(and also saves a lot of work with screenshots/writing etc), you have a link below to my first video.

My hopes is that the content reaches the people interested in this scenario, hence I'm posting it here. Don't want to spam the forums with my channel so if you guys know of any other threads like this let me know so I can post the video there as well.

I've been playing the BTS version of the Earth 1000 AD scenario a lot lately, and I'm trying to get a win with all 18 empires. I've managed to do so on chieftain difficulty with all but one so far - the Inca.

I've tried for a space race victory 3 times and either failed or ended up quitting each time. All other victory types seem impossible because of the technological and geographical disadvantage at the start, but maybe I'm wrong. My strategy so far has been to make 1 or 2 cities west of the Andes, and then settle northwestern Colombia (to make passing between the Caribbean and Pacific easy) and then the east coast of Brazil (because it's rich in resources). I focused on developing the cities that aren't blocked off by the Andes and traded as much as I could with other empires to close the technology gap, but I still kept coming up short.

Any advice? Should I try for a different type of victory?
glad to see there is someone else doing the same challenge as me :) I completely understand the frustration with the Inca (same deal with Monty). For me it was actually Mansa Musa that took at least 10 games to get the deity victory

If a religion spreads to a Mali city then it's easy, just use pacifism to catch up. Otherwise it becomes more difficult than the Incas.

Top Bottom