Earth 152 by 96

RyanTheGreat

Warlord
Hi i made this map using the worldbuilder and mapview.
This is the biggest size in the game(without modding).
It isnt complete and still needs correct resourse placement.

The pacific islands are probably wrong as the pacific isnt to scale.

If people show interest i will put up a file.

Attachments

• Ryan's Earth.jpg
    Ryan's Earth.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 1,465
Hi RyanTheGreat!

It would be very nice if you download your "Earth 152 by 96" map for everybody. The size 152x96 is probably optimal for the game engine. It's not too small, not too large for Earth map.

Hi KJ! Thanks for the reply.
I will upload the map very soon ive just been doing a lot of testing for balance.
This map has like 33 civs in it i think.
I should have it up in the next few days or so

Great, RyanTheGreat! I'm not in hurry and will wait. I plan to test your map in my "1492: Global Colonization" mod for CivIVColonization. Next version of this mod is now under development and I'm looking for the real Earth maps. I already have some of them. Too small maps are very bad for me, too large could create the memory problems after N-turns.

Anyone has this map ? The download link is pointing to Esnaz mod, which I doubt is correct...

Not sure what you're looking at, but the link above leads me to the correct download.

I am looking at this link. When I then press 'download file' I get to http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/92106/esnazs-mod-rar but maybe that is a misunderstanding on my part and the map is part of that mod. At the bottom of the page it says

"Instalation:
download and unzip esnaz's mod
extract to computer/beyondthesword/mods
load esnaz's mod
go to play scenario
choose Earth 152 by 96
play and have fun!!!"

(just noticed this)

I mad this map over a year ago and I was never really pleased with it. The pacific is way to small, siberia is huge, etc. Anyone think I should make a new one? I do enjoy making maps haha.

Top Bottom