1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Earth 1790 AD

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Scenarios' started by Lokolus, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

I thought about adding Mexico and events but because I wanted it to be a scenario and not a mod it won't be done. in the next improvement I will make American cities a bit better and less military units. about Washington, I made it the capital so you won't see a Washington somewhere in Alaska. I didnt noticed I made france Annoyed, but Spain represents Mexico, Cuba and other states that arent really friendly to USA. I will also Make Russia a bit weaker and some other minor changes.

2. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

i made some minor changes last night. I removed a bunch of russian cities but added the culture to the territories so they own it. I also got rid of a lot of russia's roads. it should be underdeveloped. The US I got rid of DC and added Philadelphia.

But I never made a scenario before and I'd like to add a few units (guerrillas and SF) and abuilding (a cultural one for America). I haven't found a making a scenario tutorial out there (only modding ones). can anyone help?

3. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

You cant add units and buildings without making it a mod, and the russian culture will disapear next turn. If you want to help me you can make some events (Louisiana purchase and more).

4. =fk=Veteran

=fk=Veteran Chieftain

Yea the only way to add buildings or units is by making a mod, which isn't too difficult just takes a lot of time and patience. If you consider making into a mod and would like some help send me pm, I am not very experienced but I would love to help.

5. GeneralMatt

GeneralMatt Emperor

Sounds really good! Going to give it a try.
    I personally am making a scenario/mod that goes from 1850-1900 on the world, I may use some of your city names for inspiration!

6. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

I have upated the scenario, those are the new\fixed stuff:
    Added a theatre in each American city
    Louisiana and Miami's culture is now 1 in each city
    changed American army and settlers
    No Russian roads in Siberia
    No courthouses in all Russian cities
    Russian technology is slightly backwarded
    Added Munich as a Barbarian city
    Improved Italy's military
    Improved Dutch cities
    Added Samurais to Japan

7. trinder1

trinder1 Chieftain

I played this out as the British and was keen to see my new Ally United States expand into its western territory to eventually become a super power. But no thanks to Frances stronghold in the American continent it doesnt look like this scenario will play out as per history. I can't envision the US becoming a superpower by the 20th century with 4 cities.

8. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

Fixed that in the latest update.

9. DarthCycle

DarthCycle WWII Freako

I've been playing this scenario for 2 weeks, good work.

Quick note: I read in the last few posts that you made changes to the scenario, however these are not reflected in the first post where the download is available. I strongly recommend that you use a change log in your first post so that casual players can see if a new version is available just by reading the first post, and not the complete thread.

10. ACGandolf

ACGandolf Chieftain

Could it be possible to get this as a zip downlad rather than rar?

Thanks

11. mrg1808

mrg1808 Chieftain

This is also my favourite historical period. Thanks, Lokolus.

12. Maverick667

Maverick667 Warlord

The scenario is quite good.

Playing as America I was able to get the full size of the country, although I haven't seen the AI do it, Lousiana and the Spanish part simply just stay there with America weak.

Also I think that Prussia and Austria are a bit underpowered, and usually end up at the bottem of the list with no chance of starting the First World War.

13. Ekmek

Enjoying the scenario. I played US (don't recall what level sorry). I first started a war with spain to take florida and then used my galeys to drop offin texas to take san antonio (france didn't allow open borders) and then used the few settler/riflemen groups in the plains to take LA. After that I went to war with france. Both AIs put up a fight. I lost my frigates and one galleon with troops to the spanish before i took san antonio. in the louisiana territory i was attacked by french cavalry but they never made in roads.

So by the 1830s I basically control the contiguous US. Having said that I think we/you should look at weakening the US a bit. I did most of this with the armies I already possessed at start up. The galleons made an amphib assault easier. I think the navy, like a poster said before, should be more privateer and possibly one frigate and possibly one galleon (I least like the galleon idea). The military should be weakened to about one rifleman per city and maybe one cannon and one cavalry. Not sure there should be so many workers and settlers either. it would toughen up the US for the human player. I don't ever see the AI being able to do what the US did historically (its abnormal anyways). I also noticeed that the french took an agressive cultural stance they maxed out artists where they could and were pushing my borders back (I was trying to beef my military)

Aroound the world. South America was playing cooly, columbia was growing an the barbs were taking over argentina. Brits and portugal were fighting for Africa, and India (with some french play. France and Austria were at eachother's throats with cities going back and forth. Russia took Istanbul! I still think Russia is still over powered. I think moscow and st petersburg should be the only cities with improvements and building. everything east should be size 1 with no workers, improvements or roads, buildings, and a weak military unit. It should be one big semi-emty backwater. russia was still too strong. Japan did a lot of exploring to north america, maybe there should be some way to get rid of its naval techs since its supposed to be isolated.

Other than that its a great scenario. I look forward toplaying it further and maybe devoting time to make it a mod (if I have the time)

14. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

Replying to the two posts above, Austria and Prussia are a bit weak with the AI but I cant do much about it, the only thing I can do is reduce their level.
    about the American Army, the AI doesnt know how to use the military, so it doesnt really matter. I am aware that Russia is still too strong and I will try to fix that.
    And why everybody play only as Britain or America?

15. Ekmek

I'm thinking of playing as france or spain next. But Japan maybe interesting too

16. Maverick667

Maverick667 Warlord

I started as the dutch... but playing as Prussia is much more fun :p

almost got my hands on baghdad at the moment so getting me some oil to start a world war...

Maybe it's possible to make Prussia and Austria a bit more powerful by, giving them a way of having a higher production rate. More hammers or something, I know the Germans really had that as an advantage...

Ow and about the map I believer there's supposed to be oil in Romania right?

17. gosu

gosu Chieftain

Really nice scenario you made there.
    Played so far as Arabs, Prussia and US on Immortal. Like u already noticed,

Russia is way too strong. They had a very strong lead in all games.
    Prussia and Japan seems to be a little underpowered, they should both get an production bonus or sth (maybe some free engineers) .The American AI doesnt seem to be able to get very far either, maybe let them start with a war with Napoleon ? They should have the military to expand while having the culture to get some of the British cities.

18. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

Arabs? I think you mean the Turks, Japan was really weak until the Meiji restoration (the end of 19th century) so its ok.

19. Disenfrancised

Disenfrancised Beep Beep

But he sold it incredably cheaply, because if he didn't the americans were going to invade it anyway - so conquest is quite a reasonable alternate path.

20. Maverick667

Maverick667 Warlord

There's no way a nation would sell a city civ... it just almost never happens...

so war with America would be the best option. And make it so America almost always wins... Possible that they should also be at war with Spain, but that would be more difficult to make sure they win that war...

And yes, Prussia, Austria and Japan should have more production power than...