Earth 1790 AD

Lokolus

Retired...
Download here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/./downloads.php?do=file&id=7327

Earth 1790 AD: BTS

The French revolution has just started and so does the Napoleonic wars, The European Empires are growing large from Impreialism and Colonialism in Africa, Asia, Australia and the Americas. Ancient Empires such as China, Japan, Ethiopia and Persia struggle to survive, while Thoughts of Independence are spreading in Spanish South America.

This is basicly how the world looked like in 1785-1795 with colonies at their correct locations, wars and accurate leaders for the time(except colombia) I hope you enjoy!:goodjob:

Credits: Rhye for the map

The scenario is updated all time, so check this thread for updates

Its not a mod, so just Extract it and click on it. or you can put it in public maps

I think Russia might be a tad overpowered on the map.... They had a 300 point lead very fast in my first try at the game. Also the United States is weak (its the map not your scenario).

I think Russia might be a tad overpowered on the map.... They had a 300 point lead very fast in my first try at the game. Also the United States is weak (its the map not your scenario).

I'll try to change Russia a bit. and does anyone know how to make events? I want to make a "Louisiana purchase" event

How do I download this. I got a windows media player file when I tried.

Hmm, that sort of makes sense .. US was weak in 1790 .. not even close to a world power while Russia was the largest country in the world so IMO the strongest nations should be Britain, Russia and France in that order.

The problem that the US remains weak because canada and louisiana are blocking their expansion.

This scenario is perfect -Now I can simulate the rise and Fall of the British Empire. I have one query though how does USA expand without going to war with France. I don't remember the USA and France having a war over territory on the continental USA although I may be wrong. I imagined that US expansion to the western seaborder was only hindered by native American Tribes not by the French.

This scenario is perfect -Now I can simulate the rise and Fall of the British Empire. I have one query though how does USA expand without going to war with France. I don't remember the USA and France having a war over territory on the continental USA although I may be wrong. I imagined that US expansion to the western seaborder was only hindered by native American Tribes not by the French.
The Louisiana Purchase. Napolean basically sold the French holdings in North America to the Americans to finance his war effort.

This is a great time for a scenario but there are several things that could be improved

American Military
  • First America did not have that strong of a Military, the number of Rifleman should be reduced, and the Calvary eliminated entirely. They barely had a Navy I would say 1 Galleon and 1 Frigate if that, but several privateers as the U.S Navy was really made up of American "Pirates" (They weren't technically pirates as they were supported by the U.S government).

American Cities

• Instead of Jacksonville Charleston would be a name for a city, and Washington DC wasn't the capitol until 1800 Prior to that (1790) Philadelphia would have been the capitol. American cities have practically no city improvements, such as Market, Grocer, Bank, Granary, Aqueduct these are basic buildings all major American cities would have.

American Expansion and Political Ties

• As stated before Canada and Louisianan is really in the way of American Expansion. When i played I was able to eliminate all of Canada and capture all of Louisianan by 1808. I got peace from England by giving them Liberalism but France would not let it go. I would say give the US cities much more culture (to balance their lack of military). Spain and France are annoyed toward US because of previous events it should be at least +1 or neutral. The entire map is revealed where much of should be hidden especially western part of north America. (just for kicks and giggles rename the US explorer to Louis and Clark)

Other than that its a great scenario (thats is just some things I noticed playing as America havn't really looked around the world yet). I think events would be a great idea! (i.e Mexican revolution)

American Expansion and Political Ties

• As stated before Canada and Louisianan is really in the way of American Expansion. When i played I was able to eliminate all of Canada and capture all of Louisianan by 1808. I got peace from England by giving them Liberalism but France would not let it go. I would say give the US cities much more culture (to balance their lack of military). Spain and France are annoyed toward US because of previous events it should be at least +1 or neutral. The entire map is revealed where much of should be hidden especially western part of north America. (just for kicks and giggles rename the US explorer to Louis and Clark)
QUOTE]

I agree boost american culture or give americans an improvement (a church or fort?) that gives a lot of culture or maybe change the leader trait to generate more culture.

Top Bottom