Earth 18 Mechanics?

Nelsonius

Chieftain
I'm in the middle of my first Earth 18 civs map, playing as China, and loving it. Is there a list of game mechanics? It seems like there is no unhappiness for war, and no maintenance for colonies. Definitely a new favorite game.

It's simply a standard game with a pre-made map. If you think there's no colony maintenance, try playing Japan and invade China. There's WW too.

It's simply a standard game with a pre-made map. If you think there's no colony maintenance, try playing Japan and invade China. There's WW too.

Or play China, invade Japan and remove capital to there... Bye bye all economy...

Isn't this the map that totally gimps Capac? (he starts west of the mountains in S.America). I think I recently played on this on Emperor and he just remained on three (terrible) cities all game.

He could really do with an avenue into the rest of S.America.

Capac has a pretty good start actually. You just need to move to the coast and then beeline sailing. Unfortunately the AI settles in place and has no idea how to get through the mountains. It's Mansa who has the horrible start.

Oh yea Mansa has half his capital as desert, right? Such a sad start.

The start for Monty is absurdly good though (if you move a little) for a super production city as you can settle within 4 food resources (3 x Corn and 1 x Deer) and about 6 plains hills

Oh yea Mansa has half his capital as desert, right? Such a sad start.
Actually the problem is flood plains, not desert. He drowns in unhealth.

The start for Monty is absurdly good though (if you move a little) for a super production city as you can settle within 4 food resources (3 x Corn and 1 x Deer) and about 6 plains hills
Agreed. 2N is an awesome location, even though it's one off the coast. Settle your second city on the stone and then go wonder-crazy.

Top Bottom