1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Earth 18 with Egypt - It has been a long while since I played and posted here!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Harv, Jan 27, 2020.

1. nebux

nebux Chieftain

how did you warrior rush Greece on deity?

2. Gumbolt

Gumbolt Phoenix Rising

Because on Earth 18 map all difficulty start with same starting units and techs. So it is not really deity. Hence why warrior rush works. On deity they would normally have 4 archers and 2 settlers.

3. Trout

Trout Chieftain

Incan Canuck - thanks for your post. Nice to know there's at least one other person around that enjoys this scenario besides me. I think your opening strategy is brilliant with regards to grabbing Athens very early. Because you are right about them being a tough nut with their hill archers and aggressive phalanxes if you don't get to them extremely early. I don't play Egypt enough to know if moving your capital north is the best move. But I do think it is best to move your starting location slightly in order to get three strong cities maximizing the Nile flood plain. Egypt's greatest strengths in this scenario are their War Chariots and having the best starting map location for commerce. Two questions that comes to mind are do you make a play for the Oracle?? Seems like a natural since your capital location has the marble and Arabia almost always founds an early religion so after your WC's knock them out, you can build the shrine with your Oracle + Obelisk GP points. I think that will solve your issue of crashing your economy after taking over the Near East as you can make enormous coin with a shrine in E18 since the map is so large with so many rich city sites.

Second question is how do you handle all of those African barbs since your capitol has moved away from the stone which leads me to believe you take a pass on TGW. Lastly, I think your Heroic Epic location should be either Persepolis which is very hammer-rich or Athens which is the perfect place for Moai and after Moai is built, makes a very nice HE location also. I think the decision comes down to whether you want your HE to focus on army only or army & navy builds.

4. Harv

Harv Emperor Supporter

It is interesting. What I did not like about attacking Greece is the number of land squares from capital to capital. He said after that, he pretty much has all of Europe.

Heroic Epic - I ended up choosing a city to the northwest of Persepolis, a little north of where Babylon might be.