1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Earth 1862 AD

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Scenarios' started by Lokolus, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

Earth 1862!!!

Germany an Italy are unifying while the American Civil War is at its peak. Japan, a small feudal state, is restoring itself and becoming one of the strongest and most advanced nations in the world. The Boers had founded the South African Republic and the Second Opium War is being fought in China.

Playable Civs:

British Empire
    French Empire
    German Empire
    Austro-Hungarian Empire
    Italian Empire
    Iberian Empire
    Union of Norway and Sweden
    Dutch Empire
    Russian Empire
    United States of America
    Confederate States of America
    Japanese Empire
    Chinese Empire
    Ottoman Empire
    South African Empire
    Argentinean Empire
    Brazilian Empire
    Mexican Empire

Downlad Here
    Credits:
    Rhye for the map
    Ekmek for the idea

This scenario should only be played in Marathon speed!

Only for BTS

Small notes:
    1. Some of the events in this scenario are'nt 100% historical, most of the un-historicals colonies, events and wars were founded\happened\fought in the next\last 15 years and most of the changes are there because of gameplay and balancing reasons.
    2.Some of the civs are merged or represented by barbarians, Belgium is represented by Austria and Portugal and spain are merged as Iberia.

2. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

I see - will check it out ASAP (am not at home right now... BTW, what do you mean you don't know how it's coming along???):thumbsup:

3. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Just took a sneak peek at the screenshots: looking good! (One nitpicky remark: as a Dutchman I couldn't help noticing queen Wilhelmina; I don't think she had been born yet in 1862. Officially - off the top of my head - I think it was king Willem III at the time.) Nice touch on the Boers by the way!:D

4. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

Wilhemina is in because I don't have a proper leaderhead for Willem III...

5. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

I suspected something like that (I don't mind, really). I can't wait to see this in action (this being a relative term with Marathon speed, but hey...); still, I won't see it until I get home tomorrow. Meanwhile, good show Lokolus!:hatsoff:

6. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

7. Lachlan

Lachlan Great Builder of Civs !

Yeah, i will play CSA :goodjob:

8. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Checked out the US (Unionwise) and the British plus the overall map. First impression: looking grand!;) Haven't much time to play though, as I'm busy on 1000 BC for BTS right now...

9. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

Did you noticed that you are in the credits?

10. Ikier

Ikier Chieftain

I've played several hours as the Russians now. It's really about coming from behind!!! I kept the difficulty on noble. This is my first game on "Marathon", man it takes a long time to improve the lands with roads etc.

The game seems quite balanced. The british are in the lead by now, and it seems like they by far have the best position from start.

I started out building workers in ALL my cities. Doing it in ALL cities, that was a bit too much - but it payed out later when I could trade lots of ressources to all those that I didn't have. I went for democracy first for the Universal suffrage, switched to Universal suffrage and then completely neglected ALL research, going only for the money to rush build all over. First of all workers, but later also especially the western part of Russia. There is LOTS of forest to clear, this helps a lot on improving the far out small cities.

I've been very active using diplomacy for trading both ressources, and whatever technologies could be traded, despite beeing a backward situation :lol: Biology helped a lot on growing the cities.

So far I haven't built as much as one military unit. I sure hope I won't be attacked, cause all but my westernmost cities have more than unit inside :eek:

I finally got to build factories, and it was in due time to rush build factory and coal plant in Moscow, and also managed to get the Pentagon in there :goodjob:

Now I also have chosen State Property, and traded me to Electricity so Water Mills in all of Russia - here we come :D :D :D

Overall - seems like a great job on this scenario :goodjob:

11. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

Yeah, thanks for the recognition! :D I wish I could have contributed more though...

12. mtabacco

mtabacco Chieftain

How do i download this all I get is a downloads.htm and no rar.file?

13. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

I don't know, try to download again or to check you're pop-up blocker.

14. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

5 stars & rightly so!:woohoo:

15. Larklight

Larklight Chieftain

Um, i can't get it to work. It download the Ra0archive file, and try to open it with WinAce, but it just gives me an empty folder entitled Earth_1862_AD. Any ideas?

16. Light-Giver

Light-Giver Chieftain

nice can i get a screenshot here?

17. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

Do you have BTS?

There are screenshots in the downlad link.

18. Larklight

Larklight Chieftain

Yup, have got the compressed file (and the folder WinAce gave me) in the PublicMaps section

19. GeneralMatt

GeneralMatt Chieftain

Looks good. I set everything in place probably 10 times for a scenario around this era, but never got it finished.. Drew up a tech tree, added a ton of flavour units..

Anyways, I will give this a shot. :)

20. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

You need to extract the file from the archive, download winrar: http://www.rarlab.com/