1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Earth 1914-1918 AD: WWI

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Scenarios' started by Lokolus, May 5, 2008.

1. Reiko

Reiko Chieftain

I tried giving you an A+ but it won't let me rate it.

2. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

Have you already rated it?

3. Reiko

Reiko Chieftain

I don't think so.

4. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

Well... try again? maybe you didn't have 30 posts.

5. Reiko

Reiko Chieftain

Heh, I guess the 30 posts thing was the problem. Before when I chose a rating it wouldn't do anything.

Anyways, great mod! :)

6. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

There's 1500 downloads! (and a nice A- rating)

7. Lean

Lean Prince

I'm enjoying myself in this senario. Started as the Germans. I took a big risk by grouping all my forces and launched a massive attack on Paris, and was able to capture it. However, that's as far as I got. After capturing two White Russian cities, I was forced to go on the defensive. It seems that I was the only one who didn't make peace with the Allies in 1916, so the focused on me. Currently, it's July of 1917, and my coast is completly blockaded, the French are constantly atttacking Paris, and Red Russia has just declared war on me. I'm in a tight spot, but still enjoying it. I rated it A+ because it's so enjoyable. So, how about a Cold War senario? Is that in the future, Mr. Senario Guy?

8. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

Currently making a American Colonization scenario

9. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

10. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

Well, somebody just crapped the rating to 3 stars.

11. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

Well, I started to play this yesterday... And even before I moved a single unit I saw this:
    Spoiler :

USA siding with Germany.....

Well I know that you're not responsible for the AI idiocy ;) but you can avoid this easily by switching the play orders of England and Germany ( Germany bribed America to war, most certainly, even before UK had played... if it was purely greed over Canada they would had not Dowed France as well ) to make more likely that England and not Germany bribes US to war ;)

12. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

It's impossible to switch turn orders, I will need to change all the scenario for that.
    It's the first time I saw such a thing but it could be fixed with a little switch of a radom small thing (like the Butterfly Effect).

13. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

I think that disabling tech trading would resolve this. After some scrutiny I saw that Germany had gifted all their spare techs to US for their entering in the war. That or giving some extra diplo goodies between the states and England + vassals.

And it is not impossible to change the playing orders: 10 min in notepad would do it ( switching techs and player info between player 2 and 3, switching tile ownership and unti ownership between player 2 and 3 ).

Now this will make me backstab France ;) I like being on the winning side .....

P:S Have you considered doing a "age of discoveries" ( 1400 AD maybe? ) or a Mongol invasions ( 1200 AD ? ) versions ? :p

14. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

I already tried making a 1400 one (it really sucked) and there are already lots of Mongol scenarios.

15. Lean

Lean Prince

Looking foward to that new senario of yours. An update from my game as Germany. It's 1924, and my situation has gotten better. I was able to make peace with France, giving e the chance to focus on Red Russia, However, Austria-Hungary declared war on me (I suppoose I demanded resources one to many times...) I was able to capture their main land Europe territory, leaving them only their colonies. However, just as I was about to start celebrating, Red Russia attacked, and forced my back to Berlin. So, I'm currently fighting to keep my capital.

16. sk8er AG

sk8er AG Warlord

looks like a great mod but dont understand how to install to bts, says cant place in a zipped file

17. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

You need to release the files from the archive before you play it.

18. sk8er AG

sk8er AG Warlord

dont understand, how do i release from an archive? sent to mods, no luck do i send the file to public maps?

19. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

20. sk8er AG

sk8er AG Warlord

so when i am on civ4 mainpages where do i find earth 1914-1918