1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Earth 1914-1918 AD: WWI

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Scenarios' started by Lokolus, May 5, 2008.

1. Lean

Lean Prince

Go into play a senario, and scroll down. You shoud find it.

2. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

After you downloaded and installed Winrar, you right click the downloaded file and the "extract here" option. you move the new file to the public maps folder and than you click on it or enter it from the main game like this:
    You click: Single Player-> Play a Scenario-> Earth 1914-1918 AD: World War I.

3. sk8er AG

sk8er AG Warlord

wait which winwar do i download theres tons i have an hp vista if thats helpful

4. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

I don't think it really matters, I have 3.71 but any version will do...

5. sk8er AG

sk8er AG Warlord

ok downloaded file but says it is a "trial and have only for 40 days does this mean i can only play earth 1914 1918 or only download scenarios not in the same way as this for 40 days?

6. sk8er AG

sk8er AG Warlord

great mod downloaded ww2 mod too. if your looking for suggestions have a few would like to mention

7. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

I'm always open for suggestions...

8. sk8er AG

sk8er AG Warlord

ok, keep in mind i have no knoledge of computer programing so i wouldnt know how difficult things are to change. i only played for a little as italy to but here is a few.
    1. Italy joined the war in 1914, italy like many countries i think, waited to see which side would win the war and offer them the most once that side won. i dont know the chances of italy joining the central powers but i think they had an alliance in the prewaar years
    2. Greece was a barbarian state, like italy i think greece looked to do the same thing and get some land from the ottoman empire, having them aganist the enete as well seemed odd.
    3. couldnt the Rhodes be returned to crete, i think that crete has a more important place in the game than the Rhodes
    4.Austrian strengh seemed somewhat high, i invaded split, another city(sorry bad w/ names) and athens and was repelled from all but split. i dont know if they were but shouldnt austrias cities be starving as well, many of there peoples and soldiers were starving.
    Again thanks for the mod, glad to see theres one about ww1. these are just some suggestions/ things i noticed.

9. Lean

Lean Prince

I think I already know what Lokkus is going to say about thoes questions. However, I'd like to tell you Lokkus, that Istanbul should still be Constantinopel(sp?). It's name wasn't changed until 1930. I apologize if I'm dragging yu out of retirement...

10. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

1: Italy joined the war on with the Entente forces ( Britain, France) and against Austria-Hungary. The Austrian-Italian front was a major one that worth a metion.

2: I can't add more civs, (thought about adding Greece but it is too small and close to Austria and Turkey)

3: Because there is no Greece civ I added Rhodes because it was an Italian territory.

4: WWI was not much of a conquest war but more of a defensive-tunnel war. It's fine that they repelled you, it means that I did my duty ;)

From the English Wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_Istanbul

This means it can have both names.

11. sk8er AG

sk8er AG Warlord

I agree w/ what your saying about italy but italy did not join the war until 1915, plus from what i understand they were fighting for the highest bidder and that was the Entente, but they had allainces they didnt keep with Austria and germany. i think a italy that starts the war neutral and could join a side would really add to the game.

12. Aleenik

Aleenik Deity

I got credit for the idea:) cool

Great Scenario By the Way

13. CivIVMonger

CivIVMonger Emperor

Awesome! I have been waiting for this kind of scenario!

14. Saiko

Saiko That one guy

How come in this scenario, Australia is independent, but in your WWII scenario it's part of the British Empire? :mischief:

15. CivIVMonger

CivIVMonger Emperor

^^ Because NATO was not formed. Australia gained it's independence in 1901. But it was a firm ally under british rule during WWI.

16. Saiko

Saiko That one guy

Oh, okay. I guess it was also for size reasons; he must've reached his limit in the other one.

17. CivIVMonger

CivIVMonger Emperor

Probobly, historicaly accurate too.