1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Earth 2020 1.1

A mod/scenario of earth in the present day (for Gathering Storm)

1. Barbarian King

Barbarian King Prince

Barbarian King submitted a new resource:

Earth 2020 - A mod/scenario of earth in the present day (for Gathering Storm)

Read more about this resource...

2. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

I am surprised there are no posts here on civfanatics, looks like most people are commenting on Steam instead. Anyway, the first thing I noticed was the absence of EU capital Brussels. Even on Huge map there is no enough space between Hamburg and Paris, but perhaps if you swap Humburg for Frankfurt and move Paris a little you can fit in EUs capital?

Second thought was -- where are the Wonders? New York without SoL? San Francisco without GGB? Rio without Maracana (the only Wonder buildable from the start). I know Firaxis made it very difficult with stringent Wonder restrictions but there have to be some ways for you to use some workaround.

3. Barbarian King

Barbarian King Prince

Yes, for Civ6 most people have moved over to Steam for both downloading and commenting on mods it seems. I still post both places, though, since CivFanatics is a better forum for discussing things long-form than the comments threads on Steam.

To answer your questions:
    • Even though Brussels is the capital of the EU I do not feel like it needs inclusion on the map, as the main reason it is the capital is to provide a neutral location for the big powers to meet. There is not enough room on the maps to include everything, and I don't want the maps to feel too cramped (especially with the 1UPT and districts of Civ6).
    • Unfortunately there will be no more wonders added on the map. I know of no way to add wonders via script, and Firaxis removed the ability to add wonders via world-builder (it had been there, which is why most of the vanilla wonders are on the map). Also, even if the ability to add wonders comes back, I would probably not add the R&F wonders (such as the Statue of Liberty) just so that the scenario could remain available to as many users as possible (a lot of people seem to have skipped R&F).

4. Barbarian King

Barbarian King Prince

Barbarian King updated Earth 2020 with a new update entry:

Update 1 (5/11/2020)

Read the rest of this update entry...