Earth 28 Civs scenario, share your stories

zappara

Mod Designer
I was thinking that it might fun to see how your "Earth" develops in this scenario. So post some stories if you have tried it. :)

I started one game on it just to test it. Chose Egypt as I've always liked that Civ. Initial scouting went fine, found all my neighbours pretty fast and some of them blocked (Hittites, Sumer/Persia) my way to Europe and Asia so I could scout map only in Africa. My capital was unhealthy all the time (so many food plains) that I had to discover Naturopathy fast and switch to more healthier Civics (slavery too so I could hurry stuff) + build healer hut.. and then I noticed I was falling badly behind on settler race. Didn't get Amun-Ra religion.. don't know who found it, and someone found Hellenism and it wasn't Greeks/Roman! :eek:

So next thing was that Hittites built their 2nd city next to my capital - kind of knew it would happen sooner or later - I just hate those barbarian warmongers bringing their barbarian ways too close to my civilized world (in real life Hittites were enemy of Egypt). Now I have to build up army after I get my 2nd city up. Friendship with Greeks had unfortunate events too, 2 marriages in 2 turns failed and this caused -2 to diplomacy.. Hoping they won't send fleets to revenge those marriages (what can you expect when wives try to get those athletic husbands to do some household work.. "but honey, I need to workout 6 hours today, see this muscle? it's smaller than this one!" ..and then all hell breaks loose as wife looses temper...). Barbarians, bleh! I'm surrounded by them! I must quickly start diplomatic negotiations with Malinese, Zulus and Abyssinians.. though I have bad feeling about Zulus.

So here we are at the moment. Was kind of fun to see those religions spread out to who knows where and tension building up early on game with neighbor civs. :)

Nice story! It is great to see that someone else also plays Civ with that "attitude". ;)

I've always thought that strategy gaming is also role playing.

I'm currently playing as the Aztecs and I control all of central America and parts of Texas and am currently in the renaissance era in the year 400-something AD, Russia is currently a military super power along with the Native Americans who control nearly all of North America and Canada except for the Iroquois starting area, Rome currently only controls their capital city and the Incas are at the bottom of the score list and only control their little starting area along with a few cities and noone has fully explored South America, I wiped out the Maya so I could capture their two cities but if they were alive they'd give the Inca someone to feel better then, the European civs are pretty cramped, each usuually only controlling 1-3 cities except for Russia who are spread out but have more cities. Someone else besides me founded nagualism too, so I founded confucianism.

America appears when you make a colony.

Top Bottom