Earth 30 civs and 3 new resources BTS

Liambane

Rome's Praetorian
Hello everybody!

THIS MAP IS OBSOLETE. MY NEW FORUM WITH NEW MAP IS
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=248049

I finished to make a simple MOD that you will like:
Earth map with 31 starting civs, 3 new resources, 6 new units, 7 new techs, 6 new buildings!!!

Here is what I include in this simple update:
- Max turns limit set to 5000 instead of 500.

Changes from the previous version:

- Is the Rhye's Earth Map, with some little modifications.
- I add Olives, Tobacco and Cotton resources and put it on the map!
- I add 7 Technologies, 6 Units and 6 Buildings form NEXT WAR MOD.
- I add a CivGameCore.Dll that allow to play with 34 civs.
- I add Gamefont75.tga 3 new resources.
- I set up the Gamespeedinfo.xml, playing NORMAL speed will be Much Slower!
- Water texture is now changed!
- I fixed the resources bug. So they will be named in the right way! :lol:
- I add the French replacing the Celts. (Celts will now starts beetween Germany and Russia)

Since I'm from Italy i change some of the italian text in game. At least you can rename the map data using notepad.:D

------> Just modify this map as you wish!!! This is a Prototype!

I'm Planning to add a AUSTRALIA or ABORIGENS and CANADA civilization to this map for a better game experience.
(Anyone have a BTS compatible Australia and/or Canada mod???) :confused:

Thank u so much!!!!

But the most important question is.... Do the civs have realistic starting positions??

Hi!
Thanks for reply.

Yes, i put them MORE OR LESS in the realistic starting positions.
If somebody wants, is not hard to edit the map and changing some of the place!

Actually i'm trying to put the Inquisitor unit in the game, but i think is over my skill!!! Seems still no BTS inquisitor mod yet...

I like this one from Chugginator. Any one help???
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=214756

I'd really love to try this mod/map, however I am having trouble with *.rar. I've tried to use winzip to extract the files, but it won't work. Kinda clueless about *rar. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. I just tried extracting to the Mods folder and it still won't work. Is this the correct location or should I try another folder?

I put back in France and Germany, btw, best world map EVER.

YES it was possible; HUGE world map with 30 civs!

U made it happen, THANKS!!!!

very nice! Im going to try it next weekend.

Please add the civs you mentioned. but please dont add future war (or make it optional). Cant stand those scifi bs. :)

Hello Everybody!

I find some little bugs and I correct them:
for example one was in gamefont75_tga OLIVES and COTTON nedd to be Swap!!! I already fixed the problem.

I follow the alireza1354 idea and put back France instead of Celt. At same time I add a 31st civilization, the CELT and put them beetween Russia and Germany. :goodjob:

:mad: But I don't really have idea to WHERE to put SUMERIAN and OTTOMAN civilizations cause Babylon and Byzantine :mad: Any Idea:confused:

I already put all the NEXT WAR tecnologhies, units and buildings inside the mod, (but i leave United Nations and Apostolic Palace in the game.) :goodjob:

----> Drogear I decide this cause once future era is reached is funny to use Cyborg and Clones instead of normal soldier! Like in TERMINATOR! :lol: :lol:

Actually I'm planing to put Inquisitor. I succesfull put the unit in the mod but I'm unable to let him do HIS JOB. Seems don't work.:confused:

Ok, time to add AUSTRALIAN CIV too...

I will soon UPLOAD all the improvements i made. Liambane

I just LOVE the map!

So cool, and its playable till the end :):):)

Yes, I just came to look at the forum to tell u about the olives... I see 3 types of olive in the game, 1 has the olive icon, the other the cotton icon and the 3rd has an icon of hanging leaves :)

Guess the olive-cotton swap is not the only error :)

I am continuing to play the game, thanks again this map is G-R-E-A-T ! So much ACTION and realistic starting positions!

As for the Ottomans... My advice is to let them start in Uzbekistan :) Let them walk their way to Anatolia, like what happened in real history hehe

As for the sumerian ... hmmmm... U know... U could start Persian civilization in Khorasan, there is where the Persian culture originated and where the Aryan settlers settled first when they came from the north.

You could place the Sumerians in south Iran/Iraq, close to where Basra is, south of Babylon.

And I like the idea of Australia! Way to go Liam :)

cou'dn't you upload two english and italian version? thx in advance

I like the starting pos and resource placement, very nice work.

There's one strange thing though...playing on Marathon speed setting, I got the "100 turns left" countdown at around 500 AD, despite checking off time victory at start. Any way to fix this?

Hello everybody! Thanks for replies!

Mr. Spock: -----> I fix the NORMAL SPEED to be SLOWER as Epic and Research fixed as 230%. So the game go slower (but with civilizations with big armies!! :p ) and you are able to play all the eras of the game. Just try the NORMAL SPEED. (At least you can edit the Gamespeedinfo.xml and do wathever you prefer!!!) :lol:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

MusX ----> Just open with NOTEPAD the map!!! Edit the Civilizations data! Very easy to do!!! Here is an Example for all of you that need to replace Italian to another language!

BeginPlayer
Team=4
LeaderType=LEADER_JULIUS_CAESAR
LeaderName=Giulio Cesare ---Change In----> Julius Caesar
CivDesc=Impero Romano -----------------> Roman Empire
CivShortDesc=I Romani -----------------> The Romans
CivAdjective=Romano -----------------> Romans
FlagDecal=Art/Interface/TeamColor/FlagDECAL_Laurels.dds
WhiteFlag=0
CivType=CIVILIZATION_ROME
Color=PLAYERCOLOR_DARK_PURPLE -------> Can also change colors
ArtStyle=ARTSTYLE_GRECO_ROMAN
PlayableCiv=1
MinorNationStatus=0
StartingGold=0
StartingX=61, StartingY=46
StateReligion=
StartingEra=ERA_ANCIENT
RandomStartLocation=false
CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_GOVERNMENT, Civic=CIVIC_DESPOTISM
CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_LEGAL, Civic=CIVIC_BARBARISM
CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_LABOR, Civic=CIVIC_TRIBALISM
CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_ECONOMY, Civic=CIVIC_DECENTRALIZATION
CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_RELIGION, Civic=CIVIC_PAGANISM
Handicap=HANDICAP_NOBLE
EndPlayer

------------------------------------------------------------------------

alireza1354 -----> Ok, i will put OTTOMANS in the game starting in UZBEKISTAN! So will be 32 CIVS!!!! AMAZING! :p (No room for SUMERIAN and Germany/Holy Roman Empire) I will se what I can invent...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I fixed some Bugs with resources, and i add all the technology of NEXT WAR already. This will change the WATER TEXTURE TOO becoming more DARK!
However, i can't put AUSTRALIA or CANADA civ until somebody make a BTS compatible civ... At least I can Rename the Civ, change color and put other flags and Leaderheads to let them be more similar to new civs, but with no unique Buildings or Units... :cry:

I will upload the new map very soon... I think in 4 hours...
Bye! Liambane.

Okay, apparently I'm not smart enough to use this thing.... I downloaded it and unrared it into my docs/my games/BtS/saves/worldbuilder/ and I can't figure out how to get into it in the game.. do I load a scenario? do I load a mod?

Okay, apparently I'm not smart enough to use this thing.... I downloaded it and unrared it into my docs/my games/BtS/saves/worldbuilder/ and I can't figure out how to get into it in the game.. do I load a scenario? do I load a mod?

Here is help for you! This is a MOD! You can play the map i made ONLY loading the mod!

Once you dowloaded this mod, put it in the Beyond The Sword\Mods directory. Then start the game. Choose ADVANCED OPTIONS then LOAD A MOD and choose Earth 31 Civs from the list. After this choose PLAY A SCENARIO and choose from the list Earth 31 Civs. The only thing left by now is to RULE THE WORLD. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope that now you can play my map. :goodjob:

Talking about add the 32th 33th and 34th CIVILIZATIONS seems to be quite difficult by now! Civilization 4 can support FOR NOW (for what i read about) just 31 Civs cause of the Leadername problem! For Example i can add a 32th Civ but ALL THE LEADERNAMES need to be in 3 letters. So leaders will be named JUL (For caesar), MAO (For tse tung), LIN (For lincoln) ecc... and this sounds very bad. I hope someone can fix this small problem!!!
See you soon...

Here is help for you! This is a MOD! You can play the map i made ONLY loading the mod!

Once you dowloaded this mod, put it in the Beyond The Sword\Mods directory. Then start the game. Choose ADVANCED OPTIONS then LOAD A MOD and choose Earth 31 Civs from the list. After this choose PLAY A SCENARIO and choose from the list Earth 31 Civs. The only thing left by now is to RULE THE WORLD. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope that now you can play my map. :goodjob:

Talking about add the 32th 33th and 34th CIVILIZATIONS seems to be quite difficult by now! Civilization 4 can support FOR NOW (for what i read about) just 31 Civs cause of the Leadername problem! For Example i can add a 32th Civ but ALL THE LEADERNAMES need to be in 3 letters. So leaders will be named JUL (For caesar), MAO (For tse tung), LIN (For lincoln) ecc... and this sounds very bad. I hope someone can fix this small problem!!!
See you soon...

Thanks, I actualyl had the problem because of the post earlier in this threat in which it seems like you're supposed to put it in the worldbuilder folder. Thanks a lot, can't wait to try it out!!!
:goodjob:

:mad: But I don't really have idea to WHERE to put SUMERIAN and OTTOMAN civilizations cause Babylon and Byzantine :mad: Any Idea:confused:

this is just a suggestion but maybe put sumeria on australia, since their isn't a civ on that fine peace of real state, and maybe put the ottomans in the ankara region.

Top Bottom