Earth 34 civs 124x68

This is the same map as Earth24 for Warlords and 18 for Vanilla with the new BtS civs in their historical start locations. Eurasia is not upscaled, so Europe will be fairly competitive. Colonies allowed.

More info/Download Database:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7278

I have also attached a version with Bhruic's Unofficial Patch v1.11.

3.17 Update with Solver's Unofficial Patch -(7/16/08)

Attachments

• Earth 34 Civs.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 10,493
  • Earth 34 Civs Bhruic.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 3,394
  • Earth 34 Civs 3.17.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 7,485
I want download it :)

The moderator will be validating when your download ?

This is just what I was looking for... a basic earth map with a bunch of civs... nothiing fancy.

I am having a blast with this map.

My first time on an Earth-map. I decided to be Shaka. It's now about 100 A.D. and I am basically in control of the African continent (which for me is amazing, since I usually don't play the Aggressive types). I eliminated Ethiopia, reduced Egypt to one city, and I'm now attacking Carthage.

One question, about the map. I've never played with anything but Standard size. The game is running fine right now. Does that mean it will KEEP running fine, as I move into the more graphic-intense later parts of the game? Or could I have problems develop? I'm running BTS 3.13 on an AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 3800, with a GForce FX7300 256 MB Video card.

Thanx for any help on this.

Many larger maps tend to slow down in late game, especially if you play on high difficulty levels with many civs. The problem usually comes when there are many units on the map. I don't know if it will slow down too much if you have a good RAM. This happens with most larger maps though.
Hope this helps.

As I said above, I am doing suprisingly well on this map, playing as Shaka. I am playing on Warlord setting, normal speed (can't win consistently yet on this level, so I have not moved up yet).

This is my first time using an 'earth' map. I previously played Terra or Continent or Pangea games, and struggled mightily to win at Warlord level.

But in this game, so far I have 10 cities on the African continent. Most of the European countries have one. I am teching ahead of them, while keeping ahead in military, of course. It's fun, but it seems a bit too easy. Is this because of my greatly improved Civ skills? I think not. Isn't it easier to expand outside of Europe, because of the cramped quarters in Europe? And is there anything else that's helping me out I may not know about? ... I just can't believe I got this good this quick.

A related question ... if I wanted to get rid of some of the Civs before I start the next game (edit them out), how would I do so?

Thanks much and happy holidays.

First of all, it depends on what difficulty level you are playing on. Also, on any earth map, Europe tends to get very crowded, and that is historical and realistic.

If you want to remove some civs, then you have to open the worldbuilder file in notepad and delete all their information. I'll post something more detailed in a little while. You can also look at tutorials and guides about editing worldbuilder if you want.

Yeah... open the map file with NOTEPAD... look at the Civs not-used... say Civ38 or Civ39 (maybe player38 or player39... I'm not home)... copy that info into any civ you want to remove... in other words if the Sumerians were Civ/Player24, copy blank-civ info into that slot (no leaders, no nations, etc) and it will remove the civ from the game safely.

You are probably doing well because unlike other civs, Shaka does have some room to grow... the European civs are all crowded like crazy and have no room to grow without killing each other (and the AI tends to shy-away from outright killing everyone every turn).

I played this same map as Germany and had ZERO room to grow... so naturally I just went "super military" right from the start and took-over the Dutch, Holy Romans, French and Italians in that order within a very short time span. Then I had some room (and some free cities too)... eventually becoming master of all Europe, then I built a navy and landed in South America. That's about where I am now.

There was one thing I hated about this map though... the SHORT "cutesie" names for all the laders... "Ham" for "Hammurabai", "Dar" for "Darius", "Han" for "Hannibal"... just way too cute, so I had to mod the full names back into the game for me (once again using Notepad).

When I open this mod I only get 18 civs to chose from. Where are the other 16? :( How do I fix this?

When I open this mod I only get 18 civs to chose from. Where are the other 16? :( How do I fix this?
Did you install the custom dll for this map? You need LtBob's CvGameCoreDLL.dll to unlock all 34 Civs.

When I played a epic speed game the game ended in 1900. It was not the default time victory which is 2050. I was 2 turns away from launching my space ship unitil the game ended in 1900 with time victory. I guess this map was meant to be played at normal or quick speed? I played another game with time victory off and the same thing happened. What was odd is when the year 1900 came up it said you have been defeated. That was funny since no other civs were even close to any victory. I will try my next game on normal speed to see what happens.

Interesting... Sorry I didn't test it too extensively.
I think all you need to do is open the map in notepad and change the 'max turns' value at the top of the file to whatever value you want (750 for epic). If you want, you can also change the gamespeed to Epic here. That's should be all you need.
I appreciate any feedback, so let me know if you have any other problems.

Top Bottom