Earth 34 Civs - Will Rhye be going to release a mod again?

EDOM

Chieftain
For Warlords, Rhye released a 24 civs mod for his popular Earth map. (It needed to be a mod instead of a map to circumvent the locked 18 civs maximum.)

So with BTS coming, I wonder if Rhye will create an Earth 24 Civs mod for us. :crazyeye:

On the other hand, with so many new European civs like The Netherlands and Portugal, I would also favour an Earth map which uses the new Holy Roman Empire instead of most of the tiny Western Europe civilizations.

So... what will it be? ...if there is anything at all?

@Rhye: Please give us a hint.

And to all you other World Map freaks: Let's encourage him by any means!
:p

Game on!
EDOM

P.S.: Any suggestions what civs to kick out for the HRE?

This is a tad OT but um does anyone know if the 18 Civ limit is still going to be present in BtS?

I think it will be limited to 18 still, i think this came up in the chat.

Yes, by modding this 18 civs cap. It's not hard to do (it requires recompiling the DLL, though).

It would be hard to indeed add the HRE and the other European nations into his scenario. Then after the Germans and the Dutch appear, the HRE will only have a few cities left and could be considered (roughly) a Belgian/Austrian civ.
So I think the option that is chosen is to leave the HRE out.

It would be cool, but without at least 5 CIVs. The Celts, HRE, the Byzantines, Sumer and you'll have to choose between Persia and Babylon. A pitty we don't have Poland. If they want the dutch and the portuguese in, the european map must be enlarged further.

The new american civs (Maya/Natives), Ethiopia and Khmer perfectly fits the worldmap of today, filling the worst gaps..... So enlarging the mod with just those 4 civs would be awesome too.

I hope he'll be making a 34 civ mod, however, even though Europe will be crowded as hell. Maybe a XXXXXL map will allow the European countries to flourish properly, hmm? :p

I hope he'll be making a 34 civ mod, however, even though Europe will be crowded as hell. Maybe a XXXXXL map will allow the European countries to flourish properly, hmm? :p

I hope that happens... If not we will have not a world map scenario, but a "get out of Europe" one :lol:

Up front, I'd say the same modification made to the Warlords DLL should work this time around. However, I'm not so sure. We need more information.

Take a look at the colony mechanic, where the player is allowed to spawn a new civilization. I imagine this works when there are fewer than 18 factions represented in the game, but what if there are a total of 18 factions already present? Does the colony spawn a 19th civ? If so, this might mean there's a bit more work that needs to be done to get a 34 man DLL running.

A 34 map would be barely playable.I hope he would make a map with 18 civs playable giving you the possibilty to choose both leaders and civs in any single game as a normal game, which wasn't possible before.
And in any case a 34 map would be impossible to use because you have Byzantine/Ottomans, HRE/France/Germany/Celts in a few space.

While a suitable Earth map is nice, I'm more interested in getting a DLL that'll allow for all factions to be present in a typical epic game.

Brought over by Europeans AFAIK

Yup, Horses were not in the Americas prior to 1500 A.D., the Aztecs actually thought that the Spanish that came there were riding horrifying demons into battle, because nobody in the Americas had ever seen a horse before.

It would be hard to indeed add the HRE and the other European nations into his scenario. Then after the Germans and the Dutch appear, the HRE will only have a few cities left and could be considered (roughly) a Belgian/Austrian civ.
So I think the option that is chosen is to leave the HRE out.

Obviously, the HRE would form at the point in time that the Germans currently form, 800AD. The Germans wouldn't show up until 1900AD, like they are supposed to...after all, they are the most modern civ in Civilization, not America. Germany didn't exist as Germany until the late 1800s...before that, it was the HRE.

Obviously, the HRE would form at the point in time that the Germans currently form, 800AD. The Germans wouldn't show up until 1900AD, like they are supposed to...after all, they are the most modern civ in Civilization, not America. Germany didn't exist as Germany until the late 1800s...before that, it was the HRE.

Indeed... Then it would be feasible to put the HRE in.
Around 800AD the HRE appears, then let the Dutch split off around 1580AD and around 1900AD the Germans would split off, probably letting the HRE collapse, or leaving them with something like one city.... would suck though playing the HRE with Rhyes mod. ;)

Top Bottom