[MAP] Earth - 420 x 312 - WIP

Basically the settlers in Rhye's have more shields and higher pop-cost than vanilla, and as you advance in the tech tree they replace themselves with even more costly settlers. In addition, among some other features, no cities can be built on deserts, tundra, jungle or forests -- period. From the readme, which also has some other really great stuff:
- Reduce the over-production of settlers:
The Settler unit is split into 3 units: ancient Settler (cost: 3 population & 100 shields); medieval Settler (cost: 4 population & 190 shields; requires Feudalism); and modern Settler (cost: 5 population & 300 shields; requires Enlightenment).
Expansionist civs get a discount.
This progressively slows civs expansion and drastically cuts loading times.
- Removed the chance of getting a settler from a goody hut (replaced with a warrior)
- Increased Worker shield cost (24) and Granary cost (8) to slow down the growth of cities.
These are some interesting ideas for me to consider. I have actually boosted food yields to speed city growth, but keep trying to come up with ways of slowing done the game's very rapid expansion. The difficulty I have is that I am not really good at adding units, but it does give me a lot of ideas.

Back in 2014 or 2015, I added a feature to my editor that allowed creating a map from a BMP image. It wasn't the first time that had been done, but it allowed arbitrary map sizes, and allowed more colors than a 1:1 ratio to terrains, and was thus more flexible than previous options.

Arbitrary map sizes... limited only by Civ3's well-known tile limit, of... 362x362 tiles? Not so! There is a Civ3 limit, but the limit is 65,535 tiles, or 2^16 - 1, and 362 is simply the largest number you can fit into a square Civ3 map (or square in an isometric sense, at least), and so that was the limit that the Firaxis editor made, and to my knowledge there hasn't been a map with more than 362 tiles in a single dimension to date.
Actually, you can make maps larger than 362 tiles with Steph's editor, and I have done that.

Do you mind if I do some editing of the map, as it looks like it did not pick up a lot of the elevation changes?

Turning off settling in deserts, tubdra, jungle and marsh is one of the best adjustments to make in this game.
You will still be able to build on tundra with a forest on it, but ok.

For my mod, I really want to make an earth map too ... But you cant import a map into a scenario, can you?

Turning off settling in deserts, tubdra, jungle and marsh is one of the best adjustments to make in this game.
You will still be able to build on tundra with a forest on it, but ok.

For my mod, I really want to make an earth map too ... But you cant import a map into a scenario, can you?
You can if you use Quintillus editor.

Actually, you can make maps larger than 362 tiles with Steph's editor, and I have done that.

Do you mind if I do some editing of the map, as it looks like it did not pick up a lot of the elevation changes?
Go right ahead! It's "work in progress" but it's really "anyone who's interested can pick it up, work with it, and share their modifications".

Top Bottom