Earth: 94x58. Alpha stage.

thadian

Kami of Awakened Dreamers
This map requires gods and kings, as natural wonders are placed.

Sometimes, a standard map is not big enough and a large map is just too big for the sake of turn times. This map aims to create a neutral size map. I have not placed starting locations yet, however this is beta stage because i am continuing to work on it. This map will evolve over time, as i receive feedback and make changes.

All are welcome to download this and "continue" my work and re-upload it or post screenies of your adjustments.

My goal is to have multiple renditions in a map pack. One map for the ancient era - one for the middle era, one for the colonization era, one for the modern era. This will allow variation of civ's with a goal to put all of them in.
Download Here.

Attachments

• Alpha_Earth 94 x 58.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 269
I like your vision for this! I won't have a chance to try out the map for a while yet, but best of luck with it :)

my problem at the moment is getting sizes for europe, anatolia, the middle east, and africa to line up.

Currently, it is NOT perfect and i am working on resizing/scaling different maps in comparison to mine - the biggest problem i have atm is that Africa does not line up correctly with europe but i can live with this if i can get good expansion room with placements.

This is a really interesting idea. Have you figured out what kind of increase in turn times in the late game that you're experiencing versus a Standard version?

I was playing around with increasing the size of my own Standard sized world map but always disregarded it because of the increase in turn times. It never dawned on me to scale up to a non-default map size.

With regards to the map layout, you might consider scaling a smaller map up rather than a larger map down, my brief experiments with it seem to suggest that it scales better down than up and the closer you are to the desired map size, the better. What map(s) did you use as a base?

My base was Terra Nostra - I used the scale and resize options to shrink different maps to "standard" size.

I realized that many parts of the world could be slightly increased in size. I looked at a range somewhere slightly bigger than standard (to increase overall sizes of different landmasses) but smaller than large (too much for my comp).

While looking at large maps, i realized that there is a lot of water and experimenting with sight distances across west africa to south america, i realized that the water needed to be just wide enough to prevent that form of snooping - i am still working on it, now that i found a mod to change city size to 2 spots between cities.

Top Bottom