[C3C] Earth Fantasy Mod(EFM)

I was completely done with the mod, but the mod is in pre-beta state because there are bugs. I have encountered several errors already. There were more from the import files(such as units). This mod is not yet provided, for the time being, I tested it to fix the big bugs.
I will upload later.

Annoying mistake of diplomacy screen blackness:sad:, this may be an error in the edited biq file.

unartis, I agree that your mod is looking interesting. You should consider to upload the 'bugged' version of this mod - may be with a hint that the current version is bugged and the current upload is for 'testing reasons', as this would raise the chance for receiving help in fixing those bugs, for example the diplomacy black screens (16 mio colours instead 256 ?).

Hi Civinator,

I'll be uploading to a google drive account soon, making the mod available,
I will still set up the Civilizaton advances screen, after which I will upload it to Google Drive,
about 1000 mb total file size.
:thumbsup:Thanks for the test because the import files may be incorrect:thumbsup:

unartis, I agree that your mod is looking interesting. You should consider to upload the 'bugged' version of this mod - may be with a hint that the current version is bugged and the current upload is for 'testing reasons', as this would raise the chance for receiving help in fixing those bugs, for example the diplomacy black screens (16 mio colours instead 256 ?).

I converted the images with 256 colours, (IMGconvertel)
i looked at another map too, it was okay there flc files

Downloaded. Will try it for my next game, and provide some feedback.

Hi Civinator,
I uploaded the mod. Why can the diplomatic screen be dark? Interestingly, in the beginning, when I select civilizations, it looks normal.
Is it possible that it doesn't appear because of the long file name?

If there is no other option I will re-enter each file on a new map, but it will be a long time.

Another problem: I now have an integrated video card, with the Civilization 3 complete game the development(civilization advences) screen doesn’t appear that way.
Each advence field is the same length in the development tree. So development fields are no shorter, they hang together even if little content appears. What the game has fundamentally changed on my old computer.

I have not yet done the structure of the development tree.

The last problem:
when I set up workers or treasure, etc at barbarian units. why don't you catch the set 'barbarian' workers and treasure, why kill him? Why does my combat unit kill these barbarian non-combat units? I had an idea that the natural creature (barbarian) eggs(Eagle, Harpy, or Phoenix) in the nests could have been taken home by the players. The player would have received money for it as for the treasure or could have converted it into an adult bird(Eagle, Harpy or Phoenix bird) later.

Last edited:
What i still have to do:
-Full civilopedia menu and error correction.
Creating nomadic citizens for the city screen, which influences the development of the
city.
it lagged behind

-New idea in the future:
Some pirates unit get treasure if they attack another naval unit.
The Pirate Ships, as long as they know the saltpeter, can only attack with archers, not their cannons. however, as soon as they know it, they can also shoot with a cannon
-The chaos dwarves are given several new buildings.
Modify resources:
-Mammoth will be a strategic resource, that dwarves can use as a a very strong 'heavy cavalry' unit.
-War elephants could be built from an elephant resource, the undead civilizations could create a zombie elephant!
-The elves and dark elves if they had wolf and bears resources, we could build a reconnaissance wolf or bear scout without nationality.
The scorpion may also be a strategic resource, a nationwide reconnaissance unit for dark elves.

Last edited:
Incorrect setting or Map bug?
I ran into another problem that the AI workers don't do any area formatting. Could this be related to their incomplete employment?
I set the skills of the workers, typical of the species: (These differences would increase the mood of the game)
The elf and dark elf workers, don’t cut down trees. The elves and the dark elves are the children of the forest.
The dwarf workers can only build the mine, other species cannot. Only they are able to build minecart rails.

I ran into another problem that the AI workers don't do any area formatting. Could this be related to their incomplete employment?
In order for the AI to use a worker-unit(s) properly (i.e. for the AI-strategy 'Terraform' to be applied to that unit), the unit must have all the 'terraforming' abilities checked. But that does not mean the worker-unit can immediately use all of those abilities.

Worker-jobs can be unlocked with techs, with (Strategic) resources, or with a combination of those. For example, in the epic-game, 'Build Fortress' requires the tech Construction, but 'Plant Forest' requires Engineering, and 'Build Airfield' requires Flight — so even though all Workers effectively have those 3 potential abilities at the start of the game, they are unlocked in 3 different ages. Similarly, 'Build railroad' requires learning Steam Power, but also the resources Iron + Coal, so nobody can build rails unless they have satisfied all 3 conditions.

So if you want specific races to have access to specific Worker-abilities, then one option might be to tie the Worker-job(s) you don't want them to have, to a specific Resource (or better, a combination of resources) which that race cannot access (but other races can).

e.g. If Elves must not cut down trees, then the 'Clear forest' ability (and maybe also the 'Clear wetland' ability — or you could assign the 'Clear Forest job to Jungle terrain) could be made to require Iron (which, as we all know, is poisonous to Elves) -- so you could set up your tech-tree to prevent them from seeing Iron in the first place, e.g. by making it appear using a prerequisite (starting) tech of 'Detect Iron-ore' that the Elves don't have, but that everyone else does.

Conversely, the Dwarves might need Iron for their mine-carts — but if you don't want anyone else's Workers to be able to mine tiles, then you could make a 'Mining' tech which cannot be traded, and which can only be researched by the Dwarvish clans, e.g. by (also) giving it a prerequisite tech of 'Being Dwarvish' — which only the Dwarven clans are given to start with.

(But note that if your mod has more than one Age, any techs which cannot be researched by all tribes, cannot be 'Required for era advancement').

And if there are any Worker-jobs that you don't want anyone to be able to do, those can be tied to a dummy resource/tech that no-one can see/learn (like in the Mesoamerican Conquest scenario, where the 'Build rails' Worker-job is tied to the 'Guinea-pig'[?] resource -- which doesn't appear anywhere on the preset map)

Basically, you need to Venn-diagram the Worker-jobs, to figure out the best way of assigning those abilities only to specific groups.

Hi tjs282,

Thank You for the introduction. :)
Then this means that if all the abilities are not among the abilities of the workers and do not give up the possibility of "all teraform", then the artificial intelligence does not use the worker unit as a worker unit
Does this mean that the AI player of Roman civilization does not take advantage of the legionary road-building ability?
I was confident it could work that way, I didn’t know so much about this mechanics of the game.
so at least the cause of the problem became visible to me :thumbsup:
i will fix this bug, then I remove the iron from the elf upgrades, instead, eat other material, such as mithril, the dark elves may be given an obsidian or other source of strength.
I consider iron as a raw material for wood cutting is a good idea.
I can easily solve the dwarf mine because I set it up in the dwarf development of the first age.
The hidden resource i have already used on the map is a good thing in the game.

Basically, you need to Venn-diagram the Worker-jobs, to figure out the best way of assigning those abilities only to specific groups.

Yes, that's understandable. where there are overlaps the particular species sees. I have tried to apply this between species that know good and dark things. I put a lot of raw materials on the track, but because some groups only see a small part of it. so not confusing. There are resources that everyone sees and there are species-specific resources. I will also apply this Venn diagram to worker units.

Does this mean that the AI player of Roman civilization does not take advantage of the legionary road-building ability?
Assuming you're referring to the 'Rise of Rome' Firaxis-scenario, then no.

(Epic-game Roman Legionaries don't have that ability to begin with, AFAIK: their UU-superpower is their D=3 compared to the generic Swordsman's D=2).

But AI-controlled Crusaders will never build Fortresses in the epic-game, either.
Is the Civ3 1.03 editor really wrong?
AFAIK, the only thing 'wrong' with it (compared to v.1.00), is that if it's used to create or modify any .biqs, Scientific Leaders will no longer be available in any games based on those .biqs. I assume this means that if anyone was silly enough (and without having first made a backup!) to open their conquests.biq in v.1.03, then immediately resave it under the same name, in the same location, they would disable SGLs in all their subsequent epic-games (at least, until they reinstalled C3C).

I don't know why v.1.03 does this, though — maybe the "Allow SGLs" option was accidentally omitted from the list of Victory conditions/Game rules in the v.1.03 Scenario Properties(?) box...?
Where to download the earlier version of a well-functioning editor?
Also IIRC: Conquests Editor v.1.00 was supplied with the original Conquests CD but I think not with Complete...? I believe @Civinator has both versions, but I don't know where he got his v.1.00.

If you're looking for a (more) functional Editor, you might also consider trying @Quintillus' homebrewed cross-platform Editor (which is still being updated, but which already does more than the Firaxis Editor).

Assuming you're referring to the 'Rise of Rome' Firaxis-scenario, then no.

(Epic-game Roman Legionaries don't have that ability to begin with, AFAIK: their UU-superpower is their D=3 compared to the generic Swordsman's D=2).

But AI-controlled Crusaders will never build Fortresses in the epic-game, either.

Yes, i was thinking of the firaxis scenario, sad that ai does not use combat units the ability to build.:undecide:
I would have used this option in this game mode as well(dwarf miner can build a mine).

If you're looking for a (more) functional Editor, you might also consider trying @Quintillus' homebrewed cross-platform Editor (which is still being updated, but which already does more than the Firaxis Editor).

i downloaded the Quintillus' homebrewed cross-platform Editor, i haven't known myself on it yet. I am now learning with its use.

I would have used this option in this game mode as well(dwarf miner can build a mine).
Yes, unfortunately the only way to ensure that the AI would be able to use such Dwarf-miners properly, would be to ensure that "Mining" is the only Worker-job which the Dwarvish clans can learn how to do, using tech- or resource restrictions as I described above — i.e. no Roadbuilding, no Irrigation, no Forestry, no Fortresses, etc. But (given AI-ineptitude, and the limited trading options) only allowing one Worker-ability per tribe/species would likely be too restrictive for a solo-player Mod.
Spoiler Irrelevant musing? :
It might make for an interesting mechanic for an MP-game, though, since — at least initially! — it would encourage/require players to co-operate to improve each others' land (e.g. a Dwarf-tribe player might message a Human-tribe player: "I'll send a Dwarf-miner to your capital's Hill, if you send an Human-farmer to my Grassland")
(BTW, I have now finished my most recent solo-game-in-progress, but I have my SG turns to play: I do still intend for your Mod to be the next solo-game that I play/test, though!)

Last edited:
I do still intend for your Mod to be the next solo-game that I play/test, though!

Thank you for the test.
This mod also contains errors and omissions, just another shapeless paste,...
This mod is an idea, an opportunity for a world of fantasy. Would build on inter-species differences, which, of course, still needs to be balanced
I was not ready with the civilopedia description and technology tree.
There is a graphics problem that came out, the screen of diplomacy of rival civilizations remains dark.

I want to bypass the Firaxis editor, so I was very happy to find Quintillus' editor here.
The java version is (older version) not good for the Quintillus' homebrewed cross-platform Editor either, after that i couldn't put on the newer version java(Windows XP), it didn't run it properly.
. :confused:

Last edited:
Top Bottom