1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Earth Fantasy Mod(EFM)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by unartis, Apr 13, 2020.

1. unartis

unartis Prince

Civinator,
    Thanks for your help.
    :thumbsup:I watch it because it seems like a good idea to solve the egg problem.
    I downloaded the files and will be reviewing.

Would my question be how do the elves see the agaric and blood?(

Egg.jpg
    ) I ask because basically they shouldn’t see it,...

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  2. unartis

unartis Prince

Yes, irrigation requires fresh water from resources.
    I still want to edit the iron how i could make it invisible to the elves.
    For wizards I wouldn't be able to insert in the initial knowledge box if there was an iron development that everyone knows, only the elves don't.

3. unartis

unartis Prince

Yes i plan to change the look , just although there would be enough time for me to make it...
    I keep working on the thing ;)

4. unartis

unartis Prince

I have an idea that I’m going to put the space victory into it as a winning condition :crazyeye:
    I would use the interface only as an option:
    Could even be:
    Tower of Mystical Knowledge, which would build of several parts or
    a Mystical / Wonderful Palace could be built.

I am already working on this project...

5. tjs282

tjs282 Socially distancing since 1975

That screenshot was made from the DEBUG version of @Civinator's adjusted .biq.

Setting DEBUG in Scenario-properties, and then starting a game using that .biq, gives the player instant (Turn 1) access to everything in it, allowing viewing of the entire map (no Fog Of War), and testing of all buildings, units and their respective pediaicons and .ini file entries — without playing through multiple games! ;)
    If you're interested, @Blue Monkey did a lot of work on figuring out how the spaceship-component graphics were 'layered' in the epic-game, and then he and @Balthasar reverse-engineered that work to produce a steampunk Time Machine, based on the design in the 1960 movie.

The finished version of the Time Machine is introduced in this thread, which also links back to the original work.

6. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

:yup: Yes, this can be seen in the inscription below the unit image: DEBUG. The exclamation marks behind the unit Musketman Regular !!! (that also could be seen in a normal biq) indicate, that this unit is transporting a flag-unit (in this case here an egg).

unartis likes this.
  7. tjs282

Before you do that, here's another one:

EFM Med_Inf bug5.png

There is no 'Medieval_Infantry' folder in EFM: the closest match I found was 'Medieval Swordsman' (there is also a 'Medieval Assassin'). If one of those is the one you meant, then the Pediaicons.txt should be changed accordingly (note no underscores '_' in either of those unit-names).

OTOH, if you intended the mod to reference the Firaxis epic-game unit, then the filepath should (I think?) rather be:

...[Civ3PTW]\Art\Units\Medieval Infantry\Medieval Infantry.ini

i.e. the underscores should simply be replaced by spaces, which should then force the game to go looking in the appropriate Firaxis ..\Art\Units directories (right...?)

unartis likes this.
  8. unartis

unartis Prince

So it is already understandable... :)

9. unartis

unartis Prince

This sounds good, encouraging project that others have been thinking of a similar solution. the only question is whether the number of items can be changed.

10. unartis

unartis Prince

That's great:hug:
    How can i create such a debug mode?

11. unartis

unartis Prince

Yes, that's what i meant.
    ..[Civ3PTW]\Art\Units\Medieval Infantry\Medieval Infantry.ini

I figured out the cause of the bug,I improved the PediaIcons.txt.
    The character left there caused the error.:
    old text:
    #ANIMNAME_PRTO_Medieval_Infantry
    Medieval_Infantry
    new text:
    #ANIMNAME_PRTO_Medieval_Infantry
    Medieval Infantry

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  12. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

unartis likes this.
  13. unartis

unartis Prince

New _Earth_Fantasy_Mod_Beta1.18_pach.zip available.
    patch information:
    Wood Elf Rider-could not find the file in the game, I fixed it PediaIcons.txt
    OrcShaman.ini(tjs282 indicated the bug and corrected it)
    PediaIcons.txt-I fixed the duplication error(PRTO_PRTO_CannonCog, PRTO_PRTO_CannonPirateCog)
    PediaIcons.txt-(#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Medieval_Infantry Medieval_Infantry)-The character left there caused the error.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  14. unartis

unartis Prince

15. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

A biq in Debug Mode can simply be created by triggering in the normal biq of the mod/scenario you are creating, the marked box Debug Mode. I save such a new biq with the suffix -Debug. You can simply switch back a biq in Debug Mode to the normal biq of your mod/scenario when disabling that entry in the box.

Nothing to say, that a biq in Debug Mode is extremly helpful when creating a mod or scenario and having a look, if the concepts and units of your mod/scenario are working well. Per example for the screenshot with the egg I tested the working option with every kind of eggs by simply creating such an egg-unit directly for the city and creating an unit that picked up the egg and brought it into the city. I didn´t waste time by carrying the egg in several turns across the map.

These are the functions that can be used in Debug Mode:

The Debug Mode holds a glitch, that irritated me for a longer time. If you place an unit with Shift+F1 on the map that holds the king-flag in the unit abilities (even when the king-strategy for this unit is not activated) to test an unit, that shouldn´t be available by normal production, but only by upgrading another unit, this placed unit is shown with the name of the king of the civ that is assigned for that unit - but if this unit in the game is upgraded from its 'base-unit' in the game, it again has the name that you gave to it in the editor. Per example if you you assign a hull-unit that should upgrade to the battleship Iowa, that shouldn´t been built normally in your mod/scenario and therefore in the unit abilities is set to the king-option, and you want to test the Iowa unit of your mod/scenario in the Debug biq and set it on the map with Shift+F1, that unit doesn´t have the name Iowa but the name of the ruler of that civ. But if you would set the hull unit into the map and would upgrade it to the Iowa unit in the game, it would carry its normal name Iowa again.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    unartis likes this.
  16. unartis

unartis Prince

Thanks for the detailed description.

17. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

Civinator... I do not recommend changing a DEBUG Biq back to a None DEBUG Biq because it can cause Errors.

Best to Keep your Normal Biq and make a Separate DEBUG Biq by saving the DEBUG Biq as a New Name such as Game DEBUG. This way you can have a DEBUG Biq and keep your Normal Biq unchanged.

tjs282 likes this.
  18. swagalina

swagalina Chieftain

hello, I am having trouble running the mod. I installed the file by sticking "Earth Fantasy" folder from the .zip in downloads into common/civ3complete/conquests/scenarios/ ...
    BUT it only contains 'Art' and 'Text' and i'm not sure where the other game files are.
    It does not appear in civ 3 under conquests or civ-content. how to install and play the mod? thanks!

unartis likes this.
  19. tjs282

Did you DL the full mod zipfile (latest version is v1.17: it's huge, >9000 files in total — including the most recent .biq), or only the v1.18 patch?

Because you need both: install the contents of the v1.17 zipfile first, in ..\Conquests\Scenarios\ and then patch it with the v1.18 zipfile, which fixes some filename errors (among other things). When Windows asks you, confirm that you want to over-write existing (EFMod) files.

Once you've done that, you should be able to find the Earth Fantasy.biq in Civ-Content, as for any other mod.

unartis likes this.
  20. swagalina

swagalina Chieftain

thanks for the reply tjs282, it seems to be working now but I keep getting a popup for 'maximum hyperlink texts exceeded!' on the civilopedia, can i change my settings so those don't pop up?