[C3C] Earth Fantasy Mod(EFM)

thanks for the reply tjs282, it seems to be working now but I keep getting a popup for 'maximum hyperlink texts exceeded!' on the civilopedia, can i change my settings so those don't pop up?
Unfortunately no, not as such.

This is a common problem in large-scale (epic-type) mods with many culture- or civ-specific units + buildings which all require the same (strategic) resource — but it usually only manifests if the player actually tries to consult the entry for that resource in the Civiliopedia. Because the 'Pedia-pages are generated dynamically, based on the .biq settings, when the player opens one of the resource-entries, the game can't display all the dependencies on the Civilopedia screen, and the error-box pops up.

The only way this problem can be properly resolved is therefore by adjusting the .biq. This would be up to @unartis to implement:

(1) For units + buildings which only require one or two (oversubscribed) resource(s), that dependency(s) should be specified as the second (and third) of the 3 'Requires resource' slots.

As I understand it, by setting the top slot to 'None', the hyperlink(s) from the resource(s) to the unit/building (and vice versa?) is/are then not generated in the 'Pedia.

The downside is of course that it may not be immediately obvious that a unit/building requires a resource, therefore requiring that the information be included in the description-text of the unit/building's Pedia-entry. Every. Single. One. @Civinator has done this in his epic CCM mod.

(2) In addition to (1) it may also be helpful to modify the resource icons (.pcx files), to remind the player "Don't click!". IIRC, @AnthonyBoscia (also) did this in his WorldWide Mod.

Last edited:
Maybe the magic worker's "loading bar" should look a little less bloody?

How do i capture eggs (eagle egg)? no civilopedia entry, and it's not obvious

thanks for the mod, i'll come back when it's more finished, but could you please tell me how to uninstall it? my cities still look purple when i'm not playing with the mod. i reinstalled civ 3 complete and it still occurs. oops!

hello, I am having trouble running the mod. I installed the file by sticking "Earth Fantasy" folder from the .zip in downloads into common/civ3complete/conquests/scenarios/ ...

Hi,
The zip should be unpacked in the ../Civilization III Complete Edition/Conquests/Conquests/
This mod is now in beta 1.17(EFM_Beta_1.17.zip) and fix patch 1.18 is required(_Earth_Fantasy_Mod_Beta1.18_pach.zip).

As tjs282 said, the patch should overwrite the first file.

Last edited:
Because you need both: install the contents of the v1.17 zipfile first, in ..\Conquests\Scenarios\ and then patch it with the v1.18 zipfile, which fixes some filename errors (among other things). When Windows asks you, confirm that you want to over-write existing (EFMod) files.

Hi tjs282,
Is it important to put game mod in the scenario folder or the conquests folder?
I made the mode in the conquests folder, will it appear the same in the scenario folder if i put it?
...i will try. :)

Maybe the magic worker's "loading bar" should look a little less bloody?
Would you explain this in more detail?

How do i capture eggs (eagle egg)? no civilopedia entry, and it's not obvious
The eggs should be caught by our units, I have yet to fix this because the units did not do it.

thanks for the mod, i'll come back when it's more finished, but could you please tell me how to uninstall it? my cities still look purple when i'm not playing with the mod. i reinstalled civ 3 complete and it still occurs. oops!
When you exit the game and restart it, the game mod wallpaper will disappear.

Unfortunately no, not as such.

This is a common problem in large-scale (epic-type) mods with many culture- or civ-specific units + buildings which all require the same (strategic) resource — but it usually only manifests if the player actually tries to consult the entry for that resource in the Civiliopedia. Because the 'Pedia-pages are generated dynamically, based on the .biq settings, when the player opens one of the resource-entries, the game can't display all the dependencies on the Civilopedia screen, and the error-box pops up.

Indeed, this thing bothers me. i will want to solve this problem...

Hi tjs282,
Is it important to put game mod in the scenario folder or the conquests folder?
I made the mode in the conquests folder, will it appear the same in the scenario folder if i put it?
It's generally assumed that user-made Mods + Scenarios be installed in ../Conquests/Scenarios/. That's where I've installed EFM, and it works just fine (well, just as well as any mod still in beta, anyway! ;) ).

../Conquests/Conquests/ is (in my installation) strictly reserved for the Firaxis Conquests (Mesopotamia, Rise Of Rome, etc.).

Last edited:
Would you explain this in more detail?
OK, so the magic worker's animation is a little bar that fills up, and the tip of it is decorated by a red-flame effect, but really it looks like a blood splatter and it's kind of weird.

When you exit the game and restart it, the game mod wallpaper will disappear.
sorry my problem is deeper than that, here's my screen-shot of a normal modless game : https://prnt.sc/t2wc21
i seem to have fudged up and accidentally put the files in the wrong spot, so the default music and city skins are overwritten by the mod's. how can i undo this?

../Conquests/Conquests/ is (in my installation) strictly reserved for the Firaxis Conquests (Mesopotamia, Rise Of Rome, etc.).
i didn't know this :( but now i do)

It's generally assumed that user-made Mods + Scenarios be installed in ../Conquests/Scenarios/. That's where I've installed EFM, and it works just fine (well, just as well as any mod still in beta, anyway! ;) ).

I understand :lol:

OK, so the magic worker's animation is a little bar that fills up, and the tip of it is decorated by a red-flame effect, but really it looks like a blood splatter and it's kind of weird.
I imported the animated units into the mod, it was done by someone else, not me. i watched the animations and really the mage worker road construction is like fire burning or blood splashing... :lol: but can also be magic created red sparks. ;)

sorry my problem is deeper than that, here's my screen-shot of a normal modless game : https://prnt.sc/t2wc21
i seem to have ****ed up and accidentally put the files in the wrong spot, so the default music and city skins are overwritten by the mod's. how can i undo this?
:eek: it seems to have been overwritten in the base file set, mods should always be placed in the conquests or scenarios folder.

:rolleyes:It would be worth reinstaling the epic game, after that it will work properly.

Last edited:
Found another minor oopsie:

EFM MinotaurKing bug5.png

The file in ../Units/MinotaurKing/ is instead (mis)called "MinotaurKRun.flc", i.e. the 'K' needs to be deleted from the filename to match the .ini listing.

New _Earth_Fantasy_Mod_Beta1.19_pach.zip available.
patch information:
Earth fantasy Beta 1.19.biq-Iron working-New Abbility:The orcs, dark orcs , humans and undeads knows iron workings. The elves and wizards do not know the iron.
MinotaurKing-file exchange: I replaced file MinotaurKRun.flc with file MinotaurRun.flc
PediaIcons.txt and Civilopedia.txt supplement.

Last edited:
Per example for the screenshot with the egg I tested the working option with every kind of eggs by simply creating such an egg-unit directly for the city and creating an unit that picked up the egg and brought it into the city. I didn´t waste time by carrying the egg in several turns across the map.

Hi Civinator,
I ran into a little problem, for, the game does not allow the capture flag setting, the button does not appear next to it (capture_flag-part1.jpg).
When setting the Scenario Properties:"Reserve Capture the Flag"(capture_flag_setting_part1.jpg), then most of the buttons disappear. :blush: (capture_flag_setting2-part.jpg)

(unfortunately the images were not allowed by this website for me to upload here, so i am sending a Google Drive link): screen image

My question is, does the game work well? or could this be the fault of my own game?

A. For uploading an image at CFC you have to do the following steps:

1. Click on the 'Upload a file button' when writing/editing a post:

2. Click on the 'Select a file' button and upload the file in one of the listed formats.

3. If you still are 'not allowed' to upload a file, may be you should use another browser.

B. The missing 'Reverse Capture the flag button'.

If you have used one of the two biqs I have uploaded for you, they are defenitely working well at my pc (otherwise I couldn´t have done the screenshot with the egg). In that case something with the settings of your game seems not to work well. In that case: Have you disabled both marked boxes in the screenshot and in the Default Game Rules selected the 'reverse capture the Flag'-option ?

Attachments

• Upload1.jpg
    Upload1.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 182
  • Upload2.jpg
    Upload2.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 215
  • Upload3.jpg
    Upload3.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 237
Hi Civinator,
Thanks for help

If you have used one of the two biqs I have uploaded for you, they are defenitely working well at my pc (otherwise I couldn´t have done the screenshot with the egg). In that case something with the settings of your game seems not to work well. In that case: Have you disabled both marked boxes in the screenshot and in the Default Game Rules selected the 'reverse capture the Flag'-option ?
The top check mark remained active.
i looked into the BIQ file you uploaded, interestingly, the your file size(1.2 MB) is ten times mine(124 KB)
The multiplayer function is active in the lower left corner, I don't see that in the picture you inserted.

A. For uploading an image at CFC you have to do the following steps:

1. Click on the 'Upload a file button' when writing/editing a post:
The process of image upload is crystal clear to me(since I’ve uploaded screenshots before)
I think I've exceeded my image upload limit (if any).
i don't know if the amount of uploads pictures depends on the number of comment.

I get this message when I want to upload a jpg file:
"The following error occurred
There was a problem uploading your file.
capture_flag-part1.jpg"

I'm trying to delete some older pictures

Last edited:
The Firefox did not allow uploading, I was able to upload with Opera browser:
the biq you sent back will look like this to me:
EFM_civinator-file.jpg
I would leave the option for the player to decide if she wants to activate the capture the flag function, but so I can't solve it because the buttons disappear, is that normal?:
EFM_buttons_problem.jpg

If this is the setting that fixes the conditions, then I might make another map that won't be fixed, I'll think about that again.

It really works for egg capture anyway ;)

Last edited:
I´m glad that the upload of images at CFC now is working for you. :) So it was the browser. I´m not aware of any total upload limit of images at CFC (only the limitation in size for each upload).

I made the biqs with Firaxis editor 1.00. I always use the Quintillus editor or editor 1.00 as the Firaxis editor 1.03 (which introduced some multiplayer features) is bugged. A version of editor 1.00 survived there: https://www.civforum.de/showthread....Modding-Ecke&p=2326584&viewfull=1#post2326584

In your screenshot it cannot be seen, if all the flags that are needed, are activated. If an option is not activated, it cannot be choosen when starting a game. It can be (but I´m not sure about it - this would need some tests), that settings of starting your main epic game here also can have some influence on starting scenarios.

I made the biqs with Firaxis editor 1.00. I always use the Quintillus editor or editor 1.00 as the Firaxis editor 1.03 (which introduced some multiplayer features) is bugged
Thanks for the link and information.
Quintillus’ work is remarkable, as soon as I have time for it I will deal with it.
...for the time being, I am focusing on filling in the gaps and making repairs.

Top Bottom