unartis

King

Earth Globalism Mod II(EGM II)

EGMII is ready, with many new options added compared to EGMI.
I was last working on this thread (EGMII) adding new stuff to the over ten year old Earth Globalism Mod (EGMI).
I prepared the EGMI 10 years ago. My goal was to present the world political conditions of that time, which I took out and dusted off due to the current situation.

If you are interested in my game mode, you can download it from my Google Drive account to try it out and play.

Earth Globalism Mod II beta1.00 available.

EGMII 1.12 beta patch is available!

Last updated: December 17, 2023

The EGMII beta 1.05 patch modified the previous settings of many units, you can find more information about this here.
You can find more information about the changes to combat units in the file EGMII_unit-ballance.xls

Here is a screenshot from the latest version: EGMIIbeta1.09_USA.jpg

Attachments

• EGMII_unit-ballance.xls
    348 KB · Views: 28
  • EGMIIbeta1.09_USA.jpg
    EGMIIbeta1.09_USA.jpg
    920.1 KB · Views: 364
Last edited:
Religions and religious leaders:
I assign a greater role to religion, which will change depending on the cultures, it will appear not only in buildings, but also among city officials
In addition to religious buildings, religious characters also appear. For example, in Western Europe, cities can employ Catholic and Protestant priests in addition to historic church buildings. According to this principle, Orthodox Christian states can employ Orthodox Christian priests in addition to their church buildings.
Two branches of Islam appear in the new game mode, Shiite and Sunni Islam, both of which can create their own religious leaders within the cities and build their religious holy buildings.
East Asian peoples can build Taoist and Shinto buildings and religious leaders in addition to Buddhist buildings and Buddhist monks.
In the cities of peoples with less conservative religions, pop stars of light music concerts also become available, e.g. in the case of Western cultures.
The church staff of the stronger world religions have a stronger influence on the inhabitants of the cities, so as a counter-effect of this, pop stars have more influence in Western civilizations than religious leaders.

Last edited:
Military leader and Buildings:
An important role in the mod is given to military leaders and buildings, cities can appoint generals, they can also be special, like the US general in the United States or the Russian general in Russia. Among the military buildings, the Pentagon will only be the small wonder of the USA, no one else can build it. The Kremlin of the Russians will have the same feature set as the Pentagon that can be built by any nation in the epic game. Average nations will be able to build a Ministry of Defense, which will also bear the characteristics of the Pentagon.

Age of Earth Globalis Mod II history:
In this mod, I would like to model the political conditions of 2020, there will also be a 2022 map modeling the current world situation.
In Earth Globalis Mod I, the goal was also to model the world politics at that time, which I also transferred an old improved map to this new mod(EGMII), expanding it with the new city official system and new buildings and new developments.

Last edited:
Military units:
I plan to add new combat units to the mode, taking into account the real conditions, according to which civilizations can build which combat units in reality, I will put them in this thread.

EGMII resources (strategic, luxury and bonus):

There will be minor changes that will make their use more distinctive.
Resources also change, I will write more about this later...

New civilizations in the Earth Globalism Mod II:

Due to the development of the world political situation, I was forced to add two new states to the mode:

- Ukraine
- United Kingdom

I have had limited success running some of these massive mods on my older Windows laptop. I might be interested in a less sophisticated version. Also, I play Civ3 to get away from the Real World for a while. I am not sure that I want to play a game based on the Real World.

have had limited success running some of these massive mods on my older Windows laptop. I might be interested in a less sophisticated version. Also, I play Civ3 to get away from the Real World for a while. I am not sure that I want to play a game based on the Real World.
Dear @timerover51,

EFMII breaks away from real-life scenarios and guides you into the world of fantasy. I recommend this to your attention.

You can find a more detailed description of it here:
Earth fantasy Mod

Dear Players,

Christmas is coming soon, here is a gift package for you.
According to my plans, the beta version of the mode will be uploaded within 1 week. Lately, I've been working pretty hard in the way that my time allowed. Innovations in this mode: in addition to the things previously described:

New strategic resources:
Poultry, pork, fish as a strategic food resource (not a bonus resource)

Buildings based on new strategic resources:
-Food's building, bars that increase the mood of inhabitant.
-church buildings according to maps of cultures, religions of peoples

New governments:
Islamic Republic, Democratic People's Republic, European Council, etc.

EGMII beta 1.0 does not yet include individual national military units, but I plan to include them in the future.

Last edited:
New Buildings in EGMII:
'Bar' & shop collection

Depending on the possession of strategic resources, players can build many new buildings in cities that increase public mood. There are buildings that are taboo for some cultures to build, so Islamic and Jewish peoples do not use pork, so buildings that require pig will not be built.
The presence of grain makes it possible to build a bakery, if sugar is available, then you can build a sweet shop.
The existence of a cotton and textile factory also enables the construction of a fashion store.

Attachments

• JewelryStore.jpg
    JewelryStore.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 368
  • SteakBar.jpg
    SteakBar.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 171
  • SausageBar.jpg
    SausageBar.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 152
  • HotDogBar.jpg
    HotDogBar.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 144
  • GyrosBar.jpg
    GyrosBar.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 131
  • FashionStore.jpg
    FashionStore.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 122
  • CandyShop.jpg
    CandyShop.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 119
  • BurgerBar.jpg
    BurgerBar.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 110
  • Bakery2.jpg
    Bakery2.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 111
  • SushiBar.jpg
    SushiBar.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
New Buildigs II. in EGMII:

Grapes have been added to the game mode instead of wine as a luxury resource. The grapes can thus be used for food or for making wine, according to which buildings can be built. In Islamic cultures, they do not consume alcoholic beverages, so they cannot build a wine bar, but in exchange they can open a hookah bar...
Fish as a strategic resource allows the use of sea squares, building a fishing fleet and fish farm increases the food production of sea squares.

Attachments

• TeaShop1.jpg
    TeaShop1.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 106
  • KabsaHouse_Arab.jpg
    KabsaHouse_Arab.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 98
  • TobaccoShop.jpg
    TobaccoShop.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 106
  • HookahBar.jpg
    HookahBar.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 90
  • TropicalFruitShop.jpg
    TropicalFruitShop.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 109
  • FruitShop.jpg
    FruitShop.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 93
  • FishingVessel.jpg
    FishingVessel.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 94
  • FishFarm.jpg
    FishFarm.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 91
  • CoffeeShop1.jpg
    CoffeeShop1.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 90
  • WineBar.jpg
    WineBar.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Dear Players,

Today I made game mode available as I finished beta 1.0

Merry Christmas,
here's a possible gift under the Christmas tree: :goodjob:

EGMII beta 1.0 is available and can be downloaded:
here

Earth Globalism Mod II beta 1.0 is now available. The mode contains many new things compared to its predecessor, but the addition of individual units of nations and countries is still pending, it is in progress, I will assign it to the mode in a later patch.
So, the 2010 EGMI unit settings are set, in which I have corrected the possible errors that I found. At the same time, the units are being assembled, which will be a slightly longer process.

Interesting! And Merry Xmas to you too.

Can you share some tech tree screenshots, or some other interesting screenshots, so we can have a better idea of what it looks like?

Congratulations on releasing 1.0!

Dear Players,

Today I made game mode available as I finished beta 1.0

Merry Christmas,
here's a possible gift under the Christmas tree: :goodjob:

EGMII beta 1.0 is available and can be downloaded:
here

Earth Globalism Mod II beta 1.0 is now available. The mode contains many new things compared to its predecessor, but the addition of individual units of nations and countries is still pending, it is in progress, I will assign it to the mode in a later patch.
So, the 2010 EGMI unit settings are set, in which I have corrected the possible errors that I found. At the same time, the units are being assembled, which will be a slightly longer process.
I cannot download it. It says that I do not have permission too. I hate Google Drive.

I tested the map Earth globalism II - 2022_RUS-UA-war Beta1.0.biq, from the perspective of Ukrainians, interestingly, within a few rounds the Russians formed an alliance against me in the strangest way. The Central Americans were dragged into the war, and by June Israel and Iran joined against me. Another interesting thing is that when I asked the USA for a Mutual pack, it didn't give it, but when I asked what it wanted in return, it accepted it for 1,230 gold, even though the Ukrainian army was only at war with Russia at that time. At the beginning of the game, according to the game settings, Russia moves first, everyone else only follows, it is interesting that they did not attack with the main battle tanks but withdrew the army to Moscow, even though the Russian army has 13 of them, Ukraine only has 2 main battle tanks. Since Russia is much bigger than Ukraine, only Kiev is in Ukrainian hands on this map, it will be difficult for the Ukrainians to overcome or survive against the Russians. That is why the 'Western arms shipments' small wonders(I,II,III) is available for Ukraine, the construction of which will sometimes give Ukraine an armed unit, so even 2-3 units can be produced in the same city within one per turn. Another interesting thing is that during a previous test I managed to capture Sevastopol in the Crimea at the beginning of the game, which slightly improved the Ukrainian positions.

I previously removed the alliance systems from the current settings (in EGMII beta1.0 it is already set this way), because in my very first test, Canada allied itself with Russia against the Ukrainians as a NATO member. Since Ukraine was not part of any federal system, several countries quickly went to war against Ukraine. It will be difficult to set up so that half the world does not go to war with Ukraine, even though the first step is taken by the Russians, yet the attacked party will have a disadvantage from this war, even if Russia only launched an air attack on Kiev, not attacking with tanks or infantry .

Attachments

• RUSS-UA_war-feb2022-Usa-UA-mutP.jpg
    RUSS-UA_war-feb2022-Usa-UA-mutP.jpg
    941.7 KB · Views: 160
  • RUSS-UA_war-feb2022.jpg
    RUSS-UA_war-feb2022.jpg
    974.6 KB · Views: 164
  • RUSS-UA_war-feb2022_city-officers.jpg
    RUSS-UA_war-feb2022_city-officers.jpg
    950.2 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Interesting! And Merry Xmas to you too.

Can you share some tech tree screenshots, or some other interesting screenshots, so we can have a better idea of what it looks like?

Congratulations on releasing 1.0!
Dear @Theov

I'm glad you find this thread interesting.
Yes, I brought some pictures of the game mod.

I still have tasks that would be important to solve, because the urban population is decreasing in several larger cities/metropolises, I am very confident that I can solve this problem with mood-enhancing buildings, by placing even more of them in the cities.
I found some graphic errors that I will fix in a patch. In the second age, there is a graphical glitch in the development tree, I will fix this and publish it soon.

Attachments

• EGMII_USA-Brazil-trade.jpg
    EGMII_USA-Brazil-trade.jpg
    888.7 KB · Views: 147
  • EGMII_USA-Brazil-trade2.jpg
    EGMII_USA-Brazil-trade2.jpg
    946.7 KB · Views: 131
  • EGMII_USA-EU-trade.jpg
    EGMII_USA-EU-trade.jpg
    892.8 KB · Views: 139
  • EGMII_USA-map.jpg
    EGMII_USA-map.jpg