1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Earth Goddess pantheon

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by magha77, Feb 13, 2018.

1. magha77

magha77 Warlord

Has anyone used the earth goddess pantheon? I am using for my latest game with Tamar and man it adds up! I was really surprised at how quickly I got the pantheon without even trying.

2. fodazd

fodazd Chieftain

Earth goddess is the best pantheon there is. The only other one that comes close is goddess of the harvest on the faster speeds.

3. bbbt

bbbt Deity

Yeah it's extremely strong, the AI almost always grabs it though. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets nerfed at some point.

4. rattatatouille

rattatatouille Warlord

I've never gotten it altogether so I have to settle for Divine Spark.

5. standingwolf

standingwolf Chieftain

yes, i have it right now and it's ridiculously powerful compared to most of the other pantheon beliefs, which only give you a few extra yields. i think it should really be nerfed (maybe just breathtaking tiles), but then i also think that almost all the other pantheons need to be strengthened so that they're actually worth taking. i virtually always take divine spark because it's the only one that's worth anything over the whole game.

6. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

I usually only manage to get it when playing Indonesia and settle on the coast, or when lucky with goody hut for either direct faith boost or a relic.

7. NegativeZero

NegativeZero Warlord

Faith as game currency is more valuable in R&F as it can be spent on civilian units (settler, builder, trader) with GA monumentality and military units with Grand Master's Chapel (2nd tier gov building) without a specific religion's perks.

Earth Goddess and Goddess of the Harvest are top notch pantheons for faith without holy sites.

Dance of the Aurora/Desert Folklore/Sacred Path are great at generating faith on their specific terrain and is boosted by the holy site adjacent policy. The added adjacency counts for Scoring +3 Era points each holy site as well.

Leyrann likes this.
  8. Onii-chan

Onii-chan Prince

In my opinion it's the best pantheon in the game, but it's always the first one to be picked up by an AI so it's almost impossible to get on higher difficulties. You pretty much have to be playing a civ which can get immediate faith generation and/or have some luck with an early relic or something to have a chance at getting it

Phoenix1595 and Ferocitus like this.
  9. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I only got it once. I love this Pantheon so much, but it's near impossible to get. Even my current game as the dutch I popped a relic very early that gives faith and I met a religious city state and got the bonus first envoy, and that still wasn't enough. And yes, it is the best pantheon in the game. I don't remember how I got it the first time, I think it was an early relic. And even on Prince level this one is impossible to get nearly.

I ended up using all that faith (from my relic) for builders later with the normal age dedication since I didn't go for a religion.

10. Portinou

Portinou Chieftain

I got to say, I never used the Theocracy legacy (build land units with faith) because I build almost all my army in the ancient and classical eras. So faith seemed not worth it if not pursuing a religious victory. Now the new Golden Age dedication (build workers, traders and settlers with faith) makes faith impressively more valuable, and finally as versatile as science, culture and gold. Good job Firaxis.

11. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

Good point. I guess there's a reason to build Holy Sites on deity now...

(I'm just thinking of my game with Tamar on Immortal... Rushed Astrology, rushed a Holy Site + Shrine, got the LAST of the five available religions. Not certain if I did a project as well)
    (and I'm also thinking of my current game where I'm again annoyed at the 1600 (!!!) faith required to buy a single naturalist... I got like 4 great spots for national parks)

12. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Earth Goddess pairs well with religious Australia.

13. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

I would think it doesn't, because you want to build districts on all high appeal tiles, meaning you can't work them.

14. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

That's too bad.

15. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

It is lovely for the Mapuche though.

God of Kings and rattatatouille like this.
  16. omniplex

omniplex Chieftain

Persia too.

17. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Deity

Worse than Goddess of Harvest and God of Forge

But better than all others I guess.

18. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

The best pantheon, imo, for each victory type

Scientific: Divine Spark
    Cultural: Earth Goddess or Divine Spark, situationally
    Domination: Most situational... mostly depends on map size. God of the Forge is great for small maps if you're a civ with old uniques, like Rome. It's also good for making a large army, to save up and upgrade later. Earth Goddess is also good if you have good land, so you can buy lots of units with faith later, as they're pretty cheap
    Religious: Earth Goddess

rattatatouille likes this.
  19. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

What about score victory? :D

20. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I think I had been sleeping on the +culture ones (depending on map of course). They just didn't seem like a lot to me but I was not properly judging how good those few extra points are when you're trying to get to the first tier govs.

Noble Zarkon likes this.