• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

awesomenewdawn

Chieftain

https://imgur.com/a/PkMmw

I created it this month in 5 days by using Civilization I world map but then added detail from Google Earth and 2006 Köppen Climate classification map. The landmass-ocean ratio is incorrect in Eurasia, Pacific Ocean and Africa and some Islands are missing, but the biggest rivers, elevation map, climate map, vegetation map, resources by their origin and players are in correct locations. The corners of land are ocean so that sailing with trimeres would be harder. The snow biomes Dwb and Dfb are tundra as are the colder biomes in Köppen 2006, instead of being grassland, but it is better so that there is less to build on. Also the biggest ore mines are correct. Also the well known food plains along rivers and deserts are okay. The Western Europe is exaggerated on purpose. The animal resources have live barbarian companions. There are usually two of each resource on the map. Fish is always at the mouth of the river. There are relics in secret parts of the world and I spammed a lot of tribal villages around the world, where no realism is necessary. Based on our first multiplayer direct IP game, India is overpowered but goes second in 0 BC, me having five cities as Mali on Noble. A small map size stops lagging in the late game due to large numbers of AI units and slow turn changes and this can run even on a laptop. This is the only realistic small Earth map ever made for Civ 4. If you want fewer civs, open the Worldbuilder and delete them twice after they respawn. If you want to change difficulty level in multiplayer, load the map in Worldbuilder, start a new game, select the civ and difficulty and save, but set Montezuma and Abu Bakr back to before they found cities. I picked some of the exotic civs with decent space in between, not the stupid nation states with no historical point and there is no way to change that, unless: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/changing-adding-civs-in-a-worldbuilder-file.539643/

Attachments

• Small realistic Earth 13 civs.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    379 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
Edit 29.03.2018: Here is a new version.

1. Changed the Viking Path to coast and removed ice in Greenland
2. Changed Turkish mountains to desert
3. Changed some coastal tiles to Ocean (no contact to land)
4. There are 100 or so generals on each player

Attachments

• Small realistic Earth 13 civ generals2.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    590 KB · Views: 249
Top Bottom