Earth Map Project (All Welcome)

Milae

Prince
So recently I've been working on a project which has meant I have access to the real earth elevation, temperature and rainfall data. Now I want to use it to try and make some cool real earth civ maps.

I've attached my first map using it which is a full earth map. Currently it only has one size (doesn't matter which size you choose) and definitely still could do with some refining. So if anyone wants to get involved and have a play around with some of the variables or functions to improve the way terrain is created from data please feel free and let me know what improvements you've made.

I personally want to work on improving the data part since currently I don't have data for temp/rainfall in the oceans and I want to be able to get data from a given area of the earth or make some manipulated maps (with bigger Europe) but hopefully any changes we make now to the way the map is created can be used in all future maps as well.

Alternatively just enjoy playing on a new map if you want to give it a try:)

Attachments

• Real Earth Map Project.zip
    57 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
What is the actual size, x times y?

Will the civs be put in the proper locations unlike the random nature of all the earth maps that come with the mod? The main reason I never play with them.

Will the civs be put in the proper locations unlike the random nature of all the earth maps that come with the mod? The main reason I never play with them.
After Communitas becoming Communitu_79, YNaEMP is bound to become YNaEMMiP. :lol:

If you need help to make a true start version or some opinion on the shape of some places (on a gameplay or historical pov), I am available. :)

Top Bottom