1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Earth Standard Size 1905

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Scenarios' started by pesgores, Jan 24, 2010.

1. pesgores

pesgores Deus Vult!

For those who have slow PCs but love Earth scenarios, I bring to you...

Standard Size Earth 1905

Current version: 1.2

Created using Matrix's Earth Standard Size map (thanks a lot for that map!) which can be found here.

Share your experience with this scenario and how your version of history of the 20th Century evolved :)

Available Civs:
    Spoiler :
    Civ list:
    -British Empire
    ---Vassals of British Empire:
    -----India (3 cities)
    -----Canada (7 cities)
    -----Australia
    (5 cities)
    Probably the best civ, has territories in Africa, Oceania and Caribbean and big civs as vassals. # of cities: 12
    -USA
    One of the best civs, has good terrain and resources. Also has control of the Phillipines. # of cities: 11
    -Russia
    Largest civ in territory, surrounded by potential victims. Though it doesn't start very well, it always becomes a monster. # of cities: 14
    -France
    Civ with many African possessions, including Madagascar and Vietnam. Also has a Pacific island. # of cities: 7
    -Germany
    Biggest territory in Europe, more troops in Europe than any other civ, has African colonies and two Pacific islands. # of cities: 6
    -Iberia (Portugal and Spain)
    Some colonies in Africa. Kind of hard. # of cities: 3
    -Italy
    Some colonies in Africa. Has the Holy Shrine of Christianity, which may give an economic advantage. # of cities: 3
    -Low Countries
    Territories in Africa and Indonesia. # of cities: 5
    -Scandinavian
    Sweden, Norway, Finland and Iceland. # of cities: 3
    -Ottoman Empire
    Owns Turkey and Arabian Peninsula. Has strategical Oil resources. # of cities: 4
    -Central American Countries
    Mexico, Cuba and other countries all the way down to Panama. # of cities: 4
    -Latinoamerica
    All of South America except Brazil. # of cities: 6
    -Brazil
    Has good land and resources to explore. # of cities: 5
    -China
    Somewhat weak nation. # of cities: 4
    -Japan
    Active in Asia. Must be updated with more troops. # of cities: 3

Change log:
    Version 1.2 (13/5/2010)
    Spoiler :
    -Fixed some holy city stuff
    -Added and removed units to balance the game better; added navies to the most powerful civs
    -Changed the size of most cities (which all had previously 4 population)
    -Added Great People to the most advanced cities of the world due to quick catch-up by less advanced civs (which is unrealistic, I think)
    -Changed the position of Paris (to minimize the culture battle between Paris and Amsterdam due to crowding)
    -Wellington is now controlled by Australia
    -Added 5 corporations (Cereal Mills to USA; Sid'Sushi to Japan; Mining Inc to Germany; Civ Jewelers to Great Britain; Creative Constructions to France)
    -Changed some diplomacy relations

Version 1.1 (5/2/2010):
    Spoiler :
    -Added Trinidad and Tobago, Taiwan, Palau, Marshall Islands, New Hebrides and Tuamotu
    -Replaced Balkan with Japan; Balkan territory is now German
    -Fixed culture levels to fill up the map (for both gameplay and aesthetics purposes)
    -Fixed some city names and changed Bangkok to Singapore
    -Added more troops to make for more historical accuracy
    -Added Courthouses to all African cities and islands to help civs ease their impact on the economy
    -Added Libraries and Universities to some European and North American cities

Future updates:
    Spoiler :
    I hope to introduce already changed civics instead of the basic ones and to upgrade cities with more buildings. Also better diplomatic relations.

DOWNLOAD HERE

2. pesgores

pesgores Deus Vult!

3. Lachlan

Lachlan Great Builder of Civs !

I will try it :)

4. Lachlan

Lachlan Great Builder of Civs !

I played a few turns : i took Dutch capital with my French infantry when those capital was in French revolt with halved health defending unit...

I suggest you edit attitudes between nations...

Because by example British-French "Entente Cordiale" of 1904 against Germany-Italia-"Hungary-Austria" Empire (you should rename Balkans to Austro-Hungarian empire)

Adding more units or tuning them with defensive promotions...

That's all at the moment...

5. pesgores

pesgores Deus Vult!

Updated with screenshots.

Lachlan, your suggestions are much appreciated ;)

6. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

Downloading. I shall send my troops to conquer in the name of the Kaiser!

7. SaibotLieh

SaibotLieh Emperor

Nice work :goodjob:, some quick suggestions for changes:

- Maybe you should rename Sophia to Vienna and give it to Germany. Not really historical correct, but it would give Germany a bit more weight in Europe.
    - With the now free slot for a civ you could add the Japanese Empire. Separating it from China is more important imho than keeping Germany and Hungary-Austria separated, especially since Japan was pretty active at that time (Russo-Japanese War). Give Japan Tokyo, Seoul and add Formosa (today Taiwan) on the empty island in the Chinese sea.
    - St. Petersburg just has to be a port at the Baltic Sea. Maybe change the grass plain southwest of it to coast. As compensation you could change one (or better both) of the northern coast fields to grass plains.
    - Bangkok should be part of the British Empire, not the Indian one (as far as I know).
    - Shouldn't Uganda be part of the British Empire?
    - If you want to power up France you could also add French Polynesia (an island would have to be created in the southern pacific).
    - If you want to power up German you could give them one of their pacific colonies (Marshall Islands or Caroline Islands for example). Again an island would have to be created for it.
    - If you want to power up Scandinavian you could also add Nuuk on Greenland.
    - The free island north of South America could be given to the British Empire as Trinidad or Tobago, but I guess the Empire is already mighty enough. ;)

8. Hell Hawk

Hell Hawk Emperor

Bangkok shouldn't be either, Thailand was never occupied by the Europeans. However Bangkok should also be a square north east. The spot Bangkok is on should be called "Singapore" and yes it should be British along with Uganda.

9. pesgores

pesgores Deus Vult!

!NEW! VERSION 1.1!

I heard your suggestions and worked on the map and scenario and just released V1.1 as a celebration for hitting 100 downloads!

I hope you guys enjoy it even more than before ;)

I intend to release updates up to version 1.4, but that will happen only if you download and hit the referred milestones, because I must feel rewarded for my work so I can stay motivated :)

10. MightyOne

MightyOne Crazy Scientist

This scenario seems to be very interesting.I will try it.

I think that you should place dutch empire a bit lower and then place Kobenhavn or something on the place.

11. bestrfcplayer

bestrfcplayer Steppin' up!

Pretty cool senario ya got their pesgores.

1,000 Posts!!!!

Spoiler :
    :):);):rolleyes::p:cry::scan::goodjob::sad::smug::o:undecide::borg::thumbsup::nuke::king:

12. Art Grin

Art Grin Emperor

Interesting looking scenario.:thumbsup:
    I would recomend you to change the Ottoman capitol from Ankara too Constantinople/Istambul.

13. pesgores

pesgores Deus Vult!

Place or just name? I think it's on a balanced place to start. I can rename it, though real Istanbul isn't there.

14. Art Grin

Art Grin Emperor

Looking at the map, I noticed that placing Constantinople/Istambul would result a culture battle between it and Vienna. It would be better to keep Ankara the capitol.

15. pesgores

pesgores Deus Vult!

Right, just look at Amsterdam's situation...in all my playtests it was consumed by French culture really quick. Maybe I should change Paris' place.

16. pesgores

pesgores Deus Vult!

As promised when it would reach 200 downloads, I started working on new updates for the map. No diplomacy updates though, but Improvements and technology instead.

17. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

I say rename Low Countries to just "Dutch". I also think A Spanish Tile should Be French.

I also suggest putting Marseilles as a city on that Tile.

Finally (As a Modmod), all the vassal countries of Britain become Britain directly. This would allow Three civs to be put in, my suggestions being:

Austria-Hungary
    Switzerland (It would be interesting if you made it impossible to declare war on it)
    And possibly split up Latinoamerica into Venezuela and Argentina

18. MightyOne

I suggest that you change the place of AMSTERDAM (like I said) and MOSCOW. They are in totally wrong place!

19. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

Maybe adding Brest on the map would also be a good Idea. Also, where's Ireland? Should be added onto the Map, and have Dublin as a British city.

20. MightyOne

I assume that there is not place on the map. Very well - I suggest, that you use bigger map. :) Like Omega said - don't forgot the ireland - it's important. And the place of Moscow, Amsterdam ...

Also, portoguese SHOULD be on Europe not only in the South America.

Placing Kiev on the map wouldn't be bad idea also .

São Paulo on the brazil land yould be ALSO good idea.

Also, Berlin is not in exactly right place. So is Ankara.

And, oh, Iceland is too bigger - it's almost like the half of spain. In reality it's much smaller.

You should really use bigger map :)