1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Earth18 conquest victory

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by reflec, Jul 1, 2020 at 5:41 AM.

1. reflec

reflec Chieftain

Has anyone done this? What difficulty and how did you do it?

2. dankok8

dankok8 Elected World Leader

3. King Younk

King Younk Warlord

I've won a few. Alexander, despite everyone's opinion, can be a very strong leader if played properly. I won a conquest game with him.

I started by building two or three cities in Macedonia and Turkey, then building an army of Swords/Phalanx, and generally spamming military to take over Rome completely. Then I charged into Russia and took three or four cities - basically all the good land - and reached a peace with ol' Cathy so she could stagnate (haha, *****).

Spain founded Buddhism, and Judaism and Hinduism were founded by the Inca and Aztec respectively. That means I was able to wait for Spain to build the Mahabodhi (I think it's spelled), and I was able use Madrid to spread Buddhism endlessly and get rich. Then I drove the Germans to Scandinavia (as they had settled there) and waited for France to build a few more wonders (they already had the Pyramids and some others). This enabled me to get a number of Great People due to my Philosophical trait, as I recall, and I was later able to take England pretty easily. Eventually I went on to vassalize the Aztecs, Americans, and the Americas in general. Then I went to Japan and India and Egypt, etc. etc. I took everything over basically, then China.

I just realize that was boring, but Alexander on this map taking wonders is a good synergy was my point, lol.