Earthica Map (Earth Prime)

Mortaeugs

Chieftain
This is a standard sized map that I made for Civilization IV. I'll call it 'Earthica' for ease of understanding. The map is a psuedo Earth, with generalized and recognizable shapes, but much more interesting terrain design and layout. It is made balanced, for the most part. I may eventually release a version with something in the australia area. It is designed for use with the Visa Mod. I usually play with it, and it is good. Two versions are included:

Ancient: Don't pick any of the empires from Arabia downward, they are not placed in the map, and are not useable at all. This game starts with no cities placed, empires start with one settler, and that is all.

Classical: All civs are placed, all cities are placed. It is a very crazy game. If played on prince or higher difficulty, the AI does some interesting things on this map; totally exploiting it. This serves to make them more challanging and overall more immersive.

Story: I know people out there who cant stand to play a scenario if there is no story to it! I was once one of you, fear not, I have made up this total bs just for your ease:

It is the year 22000, human civilization was destroyed in a series of brutal wars, at the end of which a man-made plague was released. The scattered survivers, most in groups of no more than 400 individuals, struggled to survive in the post apocolyptic nightmare. Technology was lost, in order to survive, the humans became the hunter-gatherers of their ancestorial past. Eventually the earth began to heal itself. Life returned, and again became abundant enough to sustain civilization. People are returning. Will history repeat itself, or will the world experience a new level of achievement? You must take up on of the foundering empires and help to guide the Earth to whatever future you envision.

Instructions: place them in the directory:
My Documents\My Games\Warlords\Saves\WorldBuilder
Rename the files so that the .civwarlordssave is .CivWarlordsWBSave
Run the game and they will be scenerios. (Visa mod is needed)

Edit: I have just put up a basic blank version, this has no resources placed, and is functional with vanilla warlords. I will be releasing another version with resources placed (again for vanilla warlords), and then my 'classical' and 'ancient' versions again. Since the new visa came out, (quite a while ago, actually) my visa versions (the original 2) became useless clutter. It has taken me this long to remove all traces of visa 2.10 from the map, and that really wasn't fun, but it's finally done. I might be releasing a version for the new visa, but not anytime soon, I'm sorry to say. I haven't been playing Civ 4 as much as I used to, and I'm only really doing this at all because my friend asked me to. If you want to use this in visa, you will have to add the extra resources yourself.

Nice deformed of the planet. I like it

I like it too - I'll try it with ViSa for sure

Dat's outta whack! I love the idea!

Sorry, I always to forget to check the date of the above poster :p

Top Bottom