Earthquake event (with art by hrochland)

isenchine

Empress
At the request of hrochland, I made this mini mod component: it adds an event 'Earthquake' with art work by hrochland. It is based on the BtS Volcano event code and the modification that Fierabras made for it some time ago, also with art from hrochland (link).

It is quite devastating: it kills not only improvements but also some resource (bonus) on the tile! :eek:
Note that there is now a list of the bonuses that will get destroyed if touched by the earthquake as per post #6 by hrochland ('listKillBonus' in function 'def applyTrhlina', Python file CvRandomEventInterface). This list is easy enough to customize.

It adds a 'FEATURE_TRHLINA' (crack in English so it seems, the code is named trhlina in several places)... :)

After that, no city or improvement can be built there: your workers will have to fill up the crack (with Mathematics, 1000 gold and a poor worker killed :sad:)

Text is incomplete in German, Italian or Spanish.

The event appears 100% but with a 5% iWeight only. All you need is land in your territory. :cry: It is recurring. :cry: :cry:

Several settings can be changed of course.

I'm sorry but you will not have fun with it! :cry: :cry: :cry:

-----------------------------------------------------

Downloads:

trhlina.rar (18 March 2014):
As per hroch's request, the earthquake is now only triggered in flat land squares (grassland & tundra). It does not specifically target improvements any more but still destroy them if any. It destroys the routes as well. The randomization has been reviewed (less occurrences). Movement cost on the plot hit by the event has been increased to 2.

trhlina2.rar (19 March 2014):
The same + now the earthquake damages all units on the plot! Your own army could be partially destroyed or the army of your worst enemy besieging your city! :o

Attachments

• Trhlina.rar
    182.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Trhlina2.rar
    183.1 KB · Views: 56
Thank you very much to isenchine. I do not understand python, so I do not know why crack destroys the resource as well. If anyone knew how to adapt these things I will be very happy. Also, it can then serve more people.
I really like the idea to visualize events.
Once volcano Fierabras did for me and then for the other. The problem is that my ignorance meant that it did not work for me. Until today with isenchine´s help. Maybe someone can improve on it and make next events and I like it I do art :)

I can't say that I ever saw a devastating earthquake in action (fortunately) but I'm not sure that cows could live happily in the crack!

This said, I have adapted the file to not erase the resource-bonus. ;)

You are right. Logic would determine which resource can stay and who will be destroyed by crack. I do not know if it's possible. :(

It's possible but you have to make a list then.

I think ALUMINUM, COAL, COPPER, IRON, MARBLE, OIL, STONE, URANIUM, GEMS, GOLD and SILVER may remain. Others, animals and crops will be destroyed. I am glad for your comments now. I have always worried if someone can help me with a python and forget to think about the details. I really thank you :)

I think ALUMINUM, COAL, COPPER, IRON, MARBLE, OIL, STONE, URANIUM, GEMS, GOLD and SILVER may remain. Others, animals and crops will be destroyed. I am glad for your comments now. I have always worried if someone can help me with a python and forget to think about the details. I really thank you :)

Done: see first post.

:sniper: :banana: :sheep:

Hi, isenchine. Tested. It works flawlessly. I have three questions.
1/ A crack appeared on the water. It may be limited to land square only?
2/ Appears on hills. Is it possible to flat squares only and Grassland + Tundra only?
3/ Cracks appear always four. It is possible to reduce the number to one or two?

1) What's the problem, your workers can't swim? :D

2) I don't see why not on hills but as you wish. I suppose 'yes' to TERRAIN_PLAINS as a flatland.

3) In my test, it was rather by three, I'll have to look at it.

It is possible to do all you ask, when is another question...

1/ Swimmers . You know them ... Here are trouble with them :)
2/ Let me explain. The model that I made, it looks like the snow, plains and hill not well. By colours is not universal :( I think it's better when it looks natural
3/ When are the four cracks around the city , it's really devastating , as you wrote earlier ...

Try to tune, please, when and until you will have time. Thank you very much
Hroch

Done: see first post.

Now I'm thinking of killing units hit by the earthquake... :satan:

In the meantime, here is an ultra-mini mod component which adds an additional effect to the existing Blizzard event: the terrain tundra is actually transformed into a terrain snow! :snowgrin:

Attachments

• Blizzard.rar
    28.6 KB · Views: 43
Maybe just wound them a lot. I would hate to loose a Great Person in an earthquake.

Good suggestion, I'm a bit excessive some time! ;)

Done: see trhlina2.rar in the first post. All units now get additional damages if they are on a plot struck by the earthquake. :eek:

It is very good :) :) thank you very much

I have a request, please. I need help. I preferred volcano event from Platyping, because there are two events. volcano erupted and volcano exiting. The problem is that I tried it twice merge and every time the same error. For all dialogs appear percent chance ... And I do not have anywhere on the map volcano model. I really checked it. If anyone is willing to help me with it that I will be really happy :)
(Sorry for my English)
viz picture:

Attachments

• Civ4volcano.JPG
    Civ4volcano.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 78
1) The first Volcano event from Fierabras had two events as well, the original one from BtS (with the triggered peak replaced with a volcano) + "EVENT_VOLCANO_DORMANT_1", where the volcano was going extinct. It was working perfectly.

2) If you have a problem with the new version from Platyping, why don't you ask him?

I can only reiterate my previous advice: for a small component like this, get rid of the modules and merge all it takes into your mod. There's nothing difficult in this kind of merge.

Sure. Excuse me. I'm confused. Your version worked perfectly for me. Just seemed to me strange that Volcano when disappeared, in his place, then it was not peak but equal country. I did not mean to bother again to improve it. As Platyping. I think that I wanted him too: (
Also, there is one thing about which I wrote to you. I invented it and I still probably the only one who had it (except your version) does not work. I'm beginning to think that it is cursed
However, you are right. I'll ask Platyping if he has it tried vith model revealed. He will be pleased. ;) :crazyeye:

I was looking at your blizzard. I'll try to find a model animated from FFH. I have it archived somewhere ...

hroch, I didn't change a thing to Fierabras' Volcano event.

This part of the code tells me that a peak IS replacing the volcano after EVENT_VOLCANO_DORMANT_1:

Spoiler :
Code:
def applyVolcanoDormant1(argsList):
	iEvent = argsList[0]
	kTriggeredData = argsList[1]

plot = gc.getMap().plot(kTriggeredData.iPlotX, kTriggeredData.iPlotY)
	plot.setPlotType(PlotTypes.PLOT_PEAK, True, True)

Top Bottom