Easier than CIV III?

Aramda Master

Trying to kill the AI!
Wow, it's been a pretty long time since I have been here. Anyway, I just defeated by the AI on warlord diffculty on CIV III aiming for a diplomatic victory. I have managed to win on chieftain, and I have been having good starts in Warlord and then I suddenly start falling apart by the middle ages.

Is this game easier for people who have no experience before CIV III?

I'd have said that Civ 4 is slightly harder at any given difficulty level, since the AI is now rather more competant. Also most of the exploits have been removed, but I never used them anyway so that doesn't affect the difficulty from my perspective. Noble is the closest to an even footing between the AI and human player.

Yes. But can I like build a large civ and not be crushed by AI that carries away technology away with 100% science?

I'm not sure whether the two games can really be compared in difficulty. Where is the baseline? For example, "Monarch" in Civ4 means something different than "Monarch" in Civ4. But both games provide lots of difficulty levels, so you'll probably find "your" level in each of them. :)

For me, Civ4 seems to be easier than Civ3 so far. But that's just an impression, and may depend on my playing style also.

Top Bottom