Easiest war I ever fought.

Great Big Al

Chieftain
So My civ is large, developed and technologically advanced. I am working on the Apollo program.
Monty has a tiny country with crappy land on another continent far from mine.

Monty DOW's me and manages to sneak a couple of galleons worth of troops on to my shores. He put them on a hill next to one of my cities. He had about 5 or 6 elephants and 1 or 2 mounted units. Knights I think. My tanks and Infantry killed them before they could do anything. Then I used my destroyers to kill his now empty galleons just for good measure.

The next turn Bug tells me that Monty will capitulate. I was planning on just ignoring his DOW and now he's my vassal. :crazyeye:

Indeed, killing units with super advanced units mean a very good war success. In theory, I think if you kill 10 units without loss and have (ofc) 50 % more lands, then capitulation is on the way. Another condition is the capitulated must be on the same continent unless having a city in his continent.

All in all, move up in difficulty level. You need more challenge.

My favorite is caused by the lack of a code change when they stopped allowing cats and such to totally kill units.
You get that DOW and the Galleons appear and drop off all their units on your shores and they're all cats. Yep, that's going to work. :lol:

My favorite is caused by the lack of a code change when they stopped allowing cats and such to totally kill units.
You get that DOW and the Galleons appear and drop off all their units on your shores and they're all cats. Yep, that's going to work. :lol:

Try Better Bts Ai or Kmod...

IIRC, you need 40 war success to cap your enemy (and twice the land and population).
Killing an unit on offense : 4 WS.
Killing an unit on defense : 3 WS.
Capturing settlers or workers : 1 WS.
Capturing cities : 10 WS.

So yes, genius AI moves like the one you mentioned may result in capitulation ;)

Maybe he just wants to be your vassal but is too shy to ask.

Try Better Bts Ai or Kmod...

Been looking at those, especially kmod, but playing so much MP could cause an issue.

Top Bottom