Easiest Way to Consolidate Civs in a Scenario?

I'm doing a little editing of MaxRiga's 2001 scenario for personal use, but to make room for new civs I need to consolidate others. I'd like to eliminate the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (which should just be called Indonesia anyway...) and put those cities under the control of Japan.

However, my first method just involved replacing every Indonesian unit with a Japanese one, assuming that this would translate into Japan destroying the Indonesian civ and taking their cities. This caused the game to crash after I exited world builder, presumably because Indonesia was supposed to take its turn but didn't exist anymore.

So, to make a long story short, what's the simplest way to eliminate a civ and give its cities and units to another civ?

Just doing it in worldbuilder isn't enough. What you're going to have to do is open up the WBS text file and edit that. REMEMBER TO COPY THE ORIGINAL. I'm not familiar with this particular mod, but generally you have to :

1. Delete the civ description, and change the team numbers accordingly. (in your case you could just replace them with whatever civ you're adding)

2. If you're giving Indonesia to Japan, you have to look up every last tag that has "Indonesia" and replace it with Japan.

Post any further questions, but the procedure is fairly straightforward.

Top Bottom