1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

East Indiaman

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Rule Brittania, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Rule Brittania

Rule Brittania SAFC Supporter

The East Indiaman isn't really unique to the Dutch, I mean the British used them as well, so why use them as the dutch unique unit?

2. ohcrapitsnico

ohcrapitsnico Chieftain

It doesn't matter to me, there are bigger issues.

I would have preferred a Swiss mercenary/pikeman instead. You could say the same thing though for swiss pikeman and lansknechts. They were mercenaries used all over Europe.

3. Rule Brittania

Rule Brittania SAFC Supporter

True, I sort of wish England had a naval UU but i just don't want to have it replace the redcoat becuase that is so uniquely british and is a v. stong unit

4. fugazi

fugazi Chieftain

Maurician infantry would have been better.

5. marioflag

marioflag History Addict

The Vulture unit is even invented, as other people said Landschnekt were used by all europe, pretorian were emperor special guard instead of roman soldiers, carracks were also used by other powers, immortals weren't mounted units......in the game there are so much things which are not historical so why care about.......at least we have a naval unit instead of another land UU.