East Indies Scenario Idea

ShahJahanII

Homesick Alien
Scenario

East Indies

Major and Minor Civilizations:
Major civs: Chola, Dutch, Portugal, France, Denmark, Britain, Majapahit, Siam, Spain ,Maharashtra, and the Delhi Sultanate. Minor civs: Bangla,Three Filipino Kingdoms, and 3 in SE Indonesia. China will be Represented by a powerful AI. They will not be competititive enough to win the game. I wanted to include this because China is barely on the map but I would expect they had an influence on the region in real life. The map will be inhabited by city states that will represent weaker native tribes. the city-states will have a significant amount of rescources, but a weaker, more primitive army than the major civilizations. They can be razed with temporary unhappiness. They can be puppeted with a small amount of unhappiness. They can be annexed without unhappiness, but rebels will occasionally spawn near the city and the rebellion must be put down. They can be allied for a much smaller amount of gold. gold can be invested in increments of 100. Whatever civilization has the most gold invested in them will be the city state's ally.
Timeline:
Starts in 1200 A.D. and ends in 1650 A.D. Game will progress more slowly with more units per era.

Map:
Should cover most of India, Southeast Asia, Indonesia, and the Philippines.

Rules:
The game begins in 1200 A.D. without European civs. Native civilizations will have a chance to explore and conquer land, but culture and gold gained in this time will not count towards victory. Later, civilizations will spawn as they did in Rhyes and Fall of Civilization IV. Native cities may "convert" to European cities. Most native nations will survive this but loose a significant amount of land.All European civs will start off with a small port city in a historic location (Portugal in Goa, India; Spain in the Philippines) and a bunch of free units. European civs will have a technological advantage over Asian civs. Asian civs will be much more powerful in every aspect other than military and technology. Happiness is loosened slightly. Each city will only increase policy costs by 10%. Military will be made less important than navy.Naval units can capture cities. New luxury resources will be added. No world wonders. Many of the existing world wonders that apply to this map will become natural wonder. These natural wonders will be put in their historic place and will grant much larger bonuses. For example, the Angkor Wat will be placed in Siamese territory and give 25 :c5culture: per turn. But If the French take that city, then they will get the bonus.

Social Policies: Only 4 branches. They will be new ones. One for navy, one for expansion, one for city states, and one for commerce.

Victory conditions:
Culture: Finish 3 of the 4 social policy trees.
Expansion: Control a certain percentage of a map.
Commerce: Connect all types of luxury resources and get 7,000 gold.

If anyone likes this idea they are welcome to mod it. I could provide ideas, and the modder(s) would provide their modding experience.

Any comments on this are welcome :)

sounds good but what about china india (representing the mughals) and (possibly) japan? other than that sounds like a scenario worth playing

sounds good but what about china india (representing the mughals) and (possibly) japan? other than that sounds like a scenario worth playing

Thanks for the compliment :goodjob:

It lasts from 1200-1600 A.D. so there is no Mughal empire.

I could ad the Delhi Sultanate in the north as well as the Timurids and many other Hindu Kingdoms in between the north and the Chola. As for Japan and China, I guess we could add them in, but Japan isn't on the map and China is just barely. But I bet they played a major role in this area historically. Maybe we could make them super powerful AIs that wouldn't be competitive and try to win the game.

Thanks for the compliment :goodjob:

It lasts from 1200-1600 A.D. so there is no Mughal empire.

I could ad the Delhi Sultanate in the north as well as the Timurids and many other Hindu Kingdoms in between the north and the Chola. As for Japan and China, I guess we could add them in, but Japan isn't on the map and China is just barely. But I bet they played a major role in this area historically. Maybe we could make them super powerful AIs that wouldn't be competitive and try to win the game.

i misinterpreted the use of "southeast asia" to include japan but the mughal empire (1526-1858) was very much there during that period and you could start them with the same military advantage of the europeans but not technological and give them more land to make them the strongest native faction. i also think a timeline of 1500-1800 would be more fitting because 1500 is around the time of the first portuguese colonization and exploration of the region and 1800 is around when the english pushed most of the other europeans out and weakened the mughal empire badly but if time is an issue i understand the earlier start at 1200 or 1300 but 1800 is really when india was practically in the bag for england so it should be the end

i misinterpreted the use of "southeast asia" to include japan but the mughal empire was very much there during that period and you could start them with the same military advantage of the europeans but not technological and give them more land to make them the strongest native faction. i also think a timeline of 1500-1800 would be more fitting because 1500 is around the time of the first portuguese colonization and exploration of the region and 1800 is around when the english pushed most of the other europeans out and weakened the mughal empire badly but if time is an issue i understand the earlier start at 1200 or 1300 but 1800 is really when india was practically in the bag for england so it should be the end

How about 1200-1800 A.D.? I want to include history of the region before Europeans came along. Maybe some of the original Indian cities would "convert" without penalty to become the capital of a European nation. For example, Goa would "convert" to the Portuguese and Pondicherry would "convert" to the French. And yes, the Mughals were around in that time frame, my bad. Maybe we could have a Delhi Sultanate that would have to defend itself from the Timurids. If the Timur won the war then the empire would fade into the Mughal Empire. If the Delhi sultanate survives, then so be it. I would also include the Maharashtra Kingdom.

How about 1200-1800 A.D.? I want to include history of the region before Europeans came along. Maybe some of the original Indian cities would "convert" without penalty to become the capital of a European nation. For example, Goa would "convert" to the Portuguese and Pondicherry would "convert" to the French. And yes, the Mughals were around in that time frame, my bad. Maybe we could have a Delhi Sultanate that would have to defend itself from the Timurids. If the Timur won the war then the empire would fade into the Mughal Empire. If the Delhi sultanate survives, then so be it. I would also include the Maharashtra Kingdom.

i see you want pre european india then bring in europeans later, it might be hard to do but im sure it can be done. would you have civs that are already in the game or create new ones for each faction not already in the game?

i see you want pre european india then bring in europeans later, it might be hard to do but im sure it can be done. would you have civs that are already in the game or create new ones for each faction not already in the game?

Have you played rhyes and fall of civilization IV? Then you will understand exactly what I am trying to say. If you play as Rome in that mod, and found Londonium, you get to keep it till the English show up, when its name is changed from "Londinium" to "London" and it becomes an English city.

Have you played rhyes and fall of civilization IV? Then you will understand exactly what I am trying to say. If you play as Rome in that mod, and found Londonium, you get to keep it till the English show up, when its name is changed from "Londinium" to "London" and it becomes an English city.

never played civ4 so i wouldnt know. sounds kinda cool

and i like that you put denmark in because most people wouldnt know they were involved in the region

Top Bottom