Easter Egg Collecting! (spoilers be here)

Well IMO Mammon is a great name for an angel of greed. Mammona is a Finnish word that means wealth or money, though it is not widely used in every day language. It is more of an euphemism.

As for Luonnotar, directly translated from Finnish to English that's Mother Nature.

I did not read through the whole thread so sorry if these were mentioned before.

Actually, i've seen many names what is finnish or near finnish word. Just can't remember what.
Maybe finnish is common language to start making fantasy names, as we know that in LotR elf language is based from finnish langauge.

And about Luonnotar, it's obviously finnish word. Just want know where it's from...

Actually, i've seen many names what is finnish or near finnish word. Just can't remember what.
Maybe finnish is common language to start making fantasy names, as we know that in LotR elf language is based from finnish langauge.

And about Luonnotar, it's obviously finnish word. Just want know where it's from...

I draw names from a lot of obscure mythology. I try to stay away from the well known stuff (there are only three greek mythology references that I can think of). Luonnotar was the creator goddess of the Finns. I liked her name for the cult that believed in the One because the Finns thought she was a single creator who was separate from the gods that came after (a pretty common mythological theme). And I thought the name was cool.

No, it was something about an egg...

Yeah Luonnotar was floating around in the primordial ooze when a duck decided her knee was a good place to make a nest. The duck hatched 3 eggs and after a few days Luonnotar was bothered by the nest, shook her leg and caused the eggs to break open. They became the world.

Not that our own little FfH backstory doesnt have its own share of imponderables but you have to appreciate any mythology where ducks predate the world. The whole thing about the world being created from an egg is also pretty common across early mythology's, ancient people had an odd fascination with things that came from a birds butt.

the cities of the kuriotates are named after cities of the dark elves in the table-top game warhammer... now also an online game

the kurio's also have 4 or 5 high elf cities i.e. lothern, har ganeth, etc. but i dont recognize any from bannor.

It is something I found in another game:
Also I saw Acheron Sword :) It`s from Golden Sun 2

Attachments

• erebus_armor.jpg
    erebus_armor.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 211
Top Bottom