1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Eastern Europe is NOT under-represented

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Saim, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

how do they have anything to do with archers anyway?

2. Grimz101

Grimz101 King

If Brazil is represented by *EDIT*PORTUGAL NOT SPAIN :)*EDIT* because it was a colony, then get rid of America, damn colonies!
    The they are represented by another Country as it is a colony logic does not work if the logic is defied.
    is the largest and most populous country in Latin America, and the fifth largest in the world in both area and population. Brazil is a political and economical leader in Latin America.
    So it beats Poland in population and land area.
    Brazil has the ninth largest economy in the world by purchasing power parity (PPP)
    Russia is 10th.. Poland is 24th..
    Military-wise it has its own aircraft carrier.. i dont know about Poland's navy though so i cant comment :p

List of countries and federations by military expenditures
    17 Brazil $9,940,000,000 2005
    21 Poland $7,262,500,000 2007

Close :p

3. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

I never argued that poland should be in over Brazil. I to believe that Venezuela should be in aswell. Simon Bolivar is to big to pass of.

4. Xen

Xen Magister

Brazil is also a former Portuguese colony, to note.

5. shogan1979

shogan1979 Chieftain

There is actually a book by Gavin Menzies called "1421 The Year China Discovered the World" Which maked a compelling case for China discovering much more then Australia. Of course since there were people living there perhaps visited is a better word hehe. The author does provide some proof that Chinese maps were used by Colombus, and that the Chinese did establish some colonies in North America even. Alot of it is circumstantial but its still an interesting read.

6. Grimz101

Grimz101 King

sheesh your suspose to point out the mass class difference in Brazil, and that it was under Portugal untill like the 1800s, then i would point out India was under British rule till late 1940s, and Ghandi is a leader!
    Then i would talk about Brazils growth GDP rate and how in 2050 it will be an emerging superpower or some crap! Way to ruin my plan..

sorry, sometimes im thinking about Argentina, and im sleepy its nearly 2am been awake for 20 hours im grouchy
    ill fix it on the other post incase i mislead people :p

7. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

Grimz i didn't argue because i know this stuff. I do believe as well that a latin american civ should be added (not mexico, screws up the Aztec/maya thing in world map even more). I'd prefer Venezuela before Brazil though.

8. Grimz101

Grimz101 King

Fine lets just find another Civilization for Africia, East Asia/Oceanic!
    I just cant wait to see if anyone tries to put all 35 civilizations on the world map.. Europe will be screwed haha, only England will have a chance :).
    Reminds me lets put Scotland in :crazyeye:

9. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

Rome has a chance as well. The situation over at Greeks-Ottomans-Byzantines is screwed with the occasional invading Arabs, Egyptians and romans.

Swahili and Congo are good choices. Congo is good for world map filling in the empty space in Africa's center.

Polynesia is good for Australia and Oceania.

10. Grimz101

Grimz101 King

Where is HRE's capital on the world map? if it stole Rome's iron that would be funny :lol:

11. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

Shouldn't the Holy roman empire and the roman empire have a capital next to each other?

Since the roman empire is roman so there capital is rome. But the Holy romans are holier then the romans. So obviously there capital is the Vatican.

12. Grimz101

Grimz101 King

hmmm.. now all i can think about is sweden :(

13. Traitorfish

Traitorfish The Tighnahulish Kid

Wouldn't it be better to have Gran Colombia (which also includes Colombia and Ecuador)? Among other things, that would better represent Bolivars pan-American ideal.

14. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

Yes but i personally like to see venezuela alone.

15. Traitorfish

Traitorfish The Tighnahulish Kid

Really? Any particular reason?

16. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

Other then the fact that i'm part venezuelan,

I think that Simon Bolivar suits Venezuela the best over all the other gran Colombian nations.

Venezuela was also the strongest country out of the Gran Colombian Nations.
    (at the time) And with the situation with chavez, it'd be funny to see what the americans think of Venezuela's inclusion :D

17. Mango

Mango Tasty Fruit

All of the different Chinese ethnicities are covered by the blanket civ "China" as well as places like Vietnam.

All of the different Indian ethnicities are covered by the blanket civ "India" which, when you consider the population of South Asia, includes a very large portion of the world.

In fact, let's get one thing straight here. India + China + Indonesia + Pakistan + Bangladesh + Philippines + Vietnam + Thailand + Myanmar + Malaysia + Taiwan = 3.34 billion people. All of those different ethnicities (and there are more than just 11, China has dozens alone) are represented by three civs, China, India and most recently, Khmer. Over half the world is packed into those 3 civs and you think that Poland is an unrepresented ethnic group? Considering the way FireAxis has treated non-Western countires I think Poland is adequately represented by Germany and Russia.

18. 0R4NG3

0R4NG3 Prince

I don't get why so many people, including Poles, say that Poland is represented by Russia in Civ. I'll tell you a little secret...Russia is represented by Russia and maybe some parts of Belorussia and Ukraine where there is a significant Russian population.
    Now, there is no significant Russian population in Poland neither is there a significant Polish population in Russia, as far as I am aware. So can we just get it straight that Poland is not represented by Russia in Civ.
    As for all of your examples of the Chinese and Indians: all of those ethnicities actually live in a country named China and India respectively, which makes your comparison inappropriate.

19. Train

Train Warlord

I agree that Eastern Europe is not represented... But what about South America have only one team representing it?!?!? This is completely wrong for me, this is not a question of world influence and Blah Blah Blah... In a expansion that treats about modern age, modern countries like the formers spanish/portuguese colonies in South America should be in the game! This also applies to leaders! I don't want to see a leader from ancient times in a Modern Day expansion! That is why I liked the addition of De Gaulle in the game and complained the lack of Meiji as a japanese modern leader.

Brazil, La Plata, Gran Colombia, New Spain, I support all these as Latin candidates to be in Civ.

20. Mango

Mango Tasty Fruit

And the Polish lived in countries named Germany and Russia. We're talking about these countries at the height of their power; they easily extended into present day Poland and included all people of Polish descent in Europe. I think it's a terrific example, especially considering the fact that Polish people represent a tiny tiny fraction of the percentage of the population of unrepresentated or misrepresented ethnicities in Civ. Besides, the last thing Civ needs is ANOTHER European country. Why not just split China into different dynasties since they did that with Europe-Asia Minor. Turkey and Egypt are parts of the Persian, Greek, Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman empires. Germany is part of the Holy Roman Empire. Europe is already WAY overrepresented with various parts of the map (especially in Asia-Minor and Mediterranean Europe-North Africa) being parts of at least half a dozen civs. Why on Earth should anyone feel the need to fill in the VERY LAST TINY BUBBLE in Europe that is the western Slavic states?

There really is no reason. Poland doesn't deserve to be in the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.